Best software for remove/disable bloatware and leave Windows 10 nice?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Thvle, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Thvle

Thvle MDL Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Hi guys, what is the best software for remove/disable bloatware and leave Windows 10 nice? Updated. Regards!

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The best way would be to remove BEFORE install, what simply means: modify the Source{DVD/ISO) for the own personal needs. And the best App to do that is the MSMG Toolkit, now Version 8.6. Look at he MDL Projects and Applications Forum!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    What makes windows "nice" is debatable and relative. Go very light on removals because w10 breaks very easily. What i think is best is using a great set of tweaks, disabled shceduled tasks and services, things that can easily be accomplished with reg and or batch files.

TairikuOkami has some excellent batch files :)

I prefer well behaved to lite.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    1.) Install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016.

2.) Remove One Drive.

3.) Done.

5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    1.) Install Windows 10 Education

It's actually the best edition since:
    - It's not outdated like 2016 LTSB (v1607 - bleah! I get annoyed by far more stuff in that than in 1709 or 1803)
    - It comes with some policies enabled by default, unlike Enterprise
    - Most subscribed content is disabled, unlike Enterprise
    - It's available in client channel ISO too, unlike Enterprise
    - Supports retail and mac permanent activation, so no need for any of that kms annoyances if you got a legit key. After the first activation, you can use generic key just like in Pro

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    The main point of LTSB is that it is not full of the crappy bloatware, apps, edge, store, dumbass calculator that takes up half the screen, and all the other sh*te that all other editions come with, plus there's nothing new in anything past 1607 that is worth having, just more bloat

7. johnrambo99

johnrambo99 MDL Novice

May 20, 2015
    Well, see for yourself. You get to see what the script will do/change/disable before running it. All done in powershell so nothing hacky or eh.. "unsupported"

That script disables most of the crap that will kill an installation running on spinning rust (I mean, disk usage hogged to 100% for minutes doing random small I/O), and make w10 bearable on such machines. Nevermind if you get to deal with spinning rust and hardware before Haswell and the latest patches.

Of course on newer hardware and an SSD this is a non issue.

I've had machines update from the 1607 era well into 1803 having applied that script's debloating and they're running just fine.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Why do my clean/untouched installs never show such things like hogging up the cpu (though yes, that can happen when a fresh install is done because of the initial indexing and AV scanning, when it has done it's job there is no hogging of the cpu anymore AND the install still works stable as a rock). Using the MRP project you can simply disable automatic system maintenance, if needed. But it won't increase any performance on the long run.

9. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Probably because it is hard to notice any slowdown on computers worth $1000 and more. ;)

10. Kynyo

Kynyo MDL Novice

May 13, 2010
    O&O ShutUP10.

11. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    Cheaper ond older hardware needs some(who am i kidding?) sympathy measures. :)

12. Kazafar

Kazafar MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2018
    Perhaps you can link this "script"? I can't seem to find his script :/
    Thanks in advance

13. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    #15 lewcass, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    If you look at his profile - Information, then follow the trail to his Steam profile. He may not want direct links. I will leave that that to him, there could be a reason he hasnt given a direct link from his profile. :)

14. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    Tairiku, I had to follow the breadcrumb trail and it didnt do me any harm, direct link was your call not mine. :)

15. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
  16. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    Ive been using his full batch file and windows 10 next big tweak to learn how to do batch files, got loads of web pages saved too. :) I dont actually use either bat file as im on windows 7 but they are great learning tools. :) :worthy:

17. kompassorpigo

kompassorpigo MDL Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Wikipedia says Education is also VL, not retail, just like Enterprise. How would I go about permanently activating it? With Pro you can do Win 7/8.1 Pro -> Win 10 Pro. What about Education?