Best Win7 version to use?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by paradoxium, Jul 19, 2012.

1. paradoxium

paradoxium MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2012
    Hi,

I've been using a version I got from a torrent a while back, titled "en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_618240"
    I think it was an MSDN(??) release.

It's been fine, but every time I reinstall I get about 150 updates too.

Would using the Windows 7 Professional x64 (64-bit) version from the MyDigitalLife list here /download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/ (can't post the direct link but just add that after .info without the forum subdomain) be any more up to date / stable / more updates integrated?

I realize it's Pro rather than Ultimate, but from what little searching i've done the only difference are things like BitLocker and other crap I don't even care about or use in Ultimate, so if anyone could advise me on what's the best / most up to date version out there from a safe source I can get, that would be great.

Sorry if this is a common question or not but I had a skim of the forums and couldn't find anything. Oh, I have been/will be using Daz Loader to crack whichever version.

Thanks in advance.

2. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    You get the same updates in any other version except the language packs wont be listed.

3. denizsabri

denizsabri MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2010
    Thats true if u want windows 7 with latest updates you can use pirate updates integrated version but its not recommended so..

4. paradoxium

paradoxium MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2012
    ah alright, stick with the old MSDN version I have then? or is it worth just grabbing that newer x64 Pro version straight from that digitialrivercontent link?

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #5 PhaseDoubt, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    Get you system the way you want it and then make a system image. I've used the embedded Windows 7 utility and Acronis True Image Home 2010; both will do the job. Others will too I just have experience with 7's utility and ATIH 2010.

If you ever have to restore the image, the image will be current as of its creation data. You can make a new image anytime you make a significant system change if you wish. Or anytime you just want to, heck ... keep multiple images for security on whatever schedule you choose.

I've restored images to the same HDD and different HDDs many times with 100% success. Just be sure a new drive is at least as big as the old HDD.

6. Dhawal

Dhawal MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2012
    Hey You are right WINDOWS 7 Professional is the best, but if you are more advanced user to use bitlocker or you are intrested working in 35 languages you should use windows 7 ultimate..
    otherwize windows 7 professional is BEST..
    try activating through KMS public server or MAK keys....
    good luck;)

7. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    i agree,win7 Pro is better as far as faster web browsing and flashing fones,at least for me it is,don't know why but it is