Beware system restore issue with comodo antivirus

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bigvern, Mar 17, 2010.

1. bigvern

bigvern MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2010
    Beware of the new comodo internet suite 4. Comodo created a sfi.dat file in windows/ system32/driver folder that has caused system restore malfunction and will not allow sytem restore to function properly causing errors. What is odd even after failure to restore the system restore ask if you want to undo your last restore. the sfi.dat file is locked and u can not take ownership of it. Anyone have an idea on how to correct this problem

2. bigvern

bigvern MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2010
    Thanks for the information. My next thought is why do i want to use a piece of software that mess's up such an important recovery feature and run the risk of being fubar'd if disaster strikes. I know one guy suggested shutting down system restore and just making a full recovery image of the system every few day but that still is a very large hassle and you still run the risk of losing data that wasn't saved on the last image. And another suggest disabling part of the program as a work around which my thoughts are why do i want it if i have to disable it. I've always been a fan of commodo but i think this issue is a deal breaker for me. System recovery and antivirus is just to important to take a chance on and as far as i can tell comodo has known of this problem for a couple of months now an still has not resolved it so I'm done :(:mad:

3. frisbee66

frisbee66 MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009