big problem with uac

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by InspectorGadget, Sep 28, 2009.

1. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    hello
    i've installed now win 7 pro from msdnaa and now i want to deactive the user account control. but when the uac is disabled i can't start firefox or Avira AntiVir Control Center.
    when it's activated i have to right click the applications and run as a admin .. then it works

affected programmes: firefox, avira antivir, internet explorer, most of the installers

anyone has a solution to deactivate this sh**? :/ thx

2. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Never heard of a problem like this...and you say you downloaded an untouched iso directly from MSDNAA...?

Maybe try to re-burn the iso at a little slower speed and reinstall the OS...maybe it was a somewhat of a bad burn. :confused:

3. InspectorGadget

Jul 21, 2009
    #3 InspectorGadget, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
    (OP)
    yes directly..
    i burn it new and reinstall windows, let's try :cool:

or could it be that this problem appears with installing a languagepack over cmd?

1.dism /online /add-package /packagepath:c:\lp.cab
    2.bcdedit /set {current} locale de-DE
    3.bcdboot %WinDir% /l de-DE

4. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
    I had a weird issue similar to this. When I tried to install firefox it would not install, even if I ran it as "admin". I had to actually enable the administrator account, and install under that account. After that, I went back to using my own account, which has administrator privileges anyway. Quite weird, and it should not have mattered, since both accounts had the same privileges, but that's what I did. I can suggest you try that. Maybe other can share similar situations & fixes of anyone else had something like that happen.....

5. str8

str8 MDL Expert

Jul 3, 2009
    Why not to install directly a German version?

6. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    some bad software may cause sm issues like this..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. InspectorGadget

Jul 21, 2009
    #7 InspectorGadget, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
    (OP)
    haven't got a german version on msdnaa :S

can i download a german win7pro image from a filehoster and use the key of the english version?

i've only installed the drivers of asus (motherboard p6t) and the driver for my soundcard.. all drivers are for win7
    but i'll try it now with a clean install of win7 without any drivers or software

edit:
    it was the software of the soundcard.. (club3d theotron dolby digital)