Bing News, Bing Weather, Bing etc. apps. How to login?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Myrrh, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Microsoft recently updated all the Bing apps for Windows Phone 8 so that your phone can sync with your Windows 8.x computer. So all the apps on my phone had a setting where I could specify my Microsoft account.

The problem is, none of the Windows 8.x (computer) apps seem to have any way to login. So how in the $#@$ am I supposed to sync anything if it can't login?

I am always running logged on as a local (actually domain) user; every time I'm prompted in a Metro app to setup a MS account I tell it I want to sign in to everything separately. The problem is, the Bing apps have never prompted me to do anything and I can't find a setting anywhere.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Super User

Super User MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2012
    Some apps have acc settings in the charm bar. You need to open app, swipe down the right side to open the charm bar and hit the gear icon (I guess in English it's named settings) and there you should find Account settings. If that doesn't help, the only solution is to log in into your computer and into your phone using same M$ acc. Hope it helps.

3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #3 Myrrh, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    (OP)
    :worthy: Thank you, I had been pulling my hair out over this one.

I have only been using Windows 8 since the first leak here or the first public beta whichever came first, but I've still not gotten accustomed to the fact that the settings gear has different stuff under it depending on where you are.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Yes, Thank You, Super User. :biggrin:

Agreed, instead of making 'Metro' work like the 'Desktop' or getting the 'Desktop' to work like 'Metro' I wish MS would use these updates to concentrate on getting both shells to be consistent. o_O