Bios and DMI Data

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by thedrawer, Nov 11, 2013.

1. thedrawer

thedrawer MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2013
    Hallo,

I hope someone can help me. I have got an P300D Notebook from Toshiba. The Original Mainboard was defective and so I changed it. I figured out, that the Mainboards of the A300D have got the same Part Numbers as the P300D ones so got one from Ebay.

Now I built it in my Notebook and figured out that on the first the Keyboard layout and the Pre Adjust of the Loudspeakers is different to mine.

Do you think that there is any possibility to change the DMI Datas of the Bios to the one of the P300D. Next Problem: I do not have the original Mainboard anymore, because I pushed it in the bin already. Is there any Possibility?

Thanks for your help

Peter

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. thedrawer

thedrawer MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2013
    If it would be only the keyboardo_O

The main thing is the awfull sound of the speakers. I tried this already whith an equalizer but ...
    Also there isn't one, which keeps in the background steadily. The soundchip on the board is a conexant and there isn't a possibility to change anything in Windows at all.
    If the notebook wouldn't have such a good sound originally, maybee it wouldn't matter. But now it sounds like a telephone speaker.

Thanks for your answer and for solving the keyboard problem.

Peter