BIOS Bootblock

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by CougarDan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. CougarDan

CougarDan MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    Hey guys, looking for some assistance here.

Flashed my 780i EVGA board the other day and am now stuck with the BIOS Bootblock requesting a system disk.

Now I've followed the methods supplied for BIOS recovery and formatted multiple floppies with every boot method I could find, but am unable to get beyond that screen.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Should there be any of you that are in the Montreal area and are willing (and able) to flash BIOS chips for a small fee I would be willing to go that route as well.

2. CougarDan

CougarDan MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    No help/suggestions?

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. CougarDan

CougarDan MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    I have, I went through one by one the bootdisks available on bootdisk.com, as well as using various utilities (Phoenix and other) to create one. The results is the same; the floppy attempts to boot and then it'll say non-system disk and again ask for a disk.

I've also attempted the same procedure using uniflash to no avail.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    non-system disk error usually occures if the disk is not bootable, hence I've suggested to make your own to be sure it IS bootable...
    -format the floppy yourself (bootable, start disk)
    -create the autoexec.bat yourself (biosman link)
    -copy awdflash and the bios onto it.

It is an award bios so the right flasher is awdflash, no other one. Your error means the bootblock routine is still intact and tries to read the bootsector of the floppy..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. CougarDan

CougarDan MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    Yep, I originally did that as well and then moved on to other options when that didn't work. That's what makes it so frustrating, I know it SHOULD allow me flash from the disk but it simply won't recognize.

I have since ordered the BIOS chip itself from ebay, so I should be set now. Thanks for your help.