Bios chip location on motherboard tosshiba satellite P200-137 Notebook

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mitsos, Mar 26, 2017.

1. mitsos

mitsos MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Dear friends, does anybody know how can i physically locate the bios chip on the motherboard of my good oldy sattellite p200-137? Laptop is in good shape, but after an unlucky bios update through windows got bricked. I bought a chip programmator, i could desolder the chip, program it and solded back if i could locate it...
    Does anybody has a clue? I could provide photo's of the board, if somebody could locate it. Thanks in advance!

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    look for a short 8 pin chip usually Winbond or MXic take pic.

3. mitsos

mitsos MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Can not find windbond(asus f.ex.) or MXic. No 8 pin chip with some paint or any kind of mark.
    It has to be 1mb like the bios image. I could read it without desolder it with my equipment, if i locate it...

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    If i remember sometimes you can get it to reprogram with a USB floppy drive with just the bios on the disk. FN-F or CTRL-F at boot up not sure which should start the bootblock to reprogram. But if you have a spi type programmer then that may be easier as the floppy method can be hit or miss.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  7. mitsos

mitsos MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Well, i took photo's of all 8-pin chips on the board. But it seems that i am finished working with it at the time being. This atmel 24C18AN chip was not supported from my ezp2013 programmer, and if that was not bad enough...

i connected to internet(worked from a separate laptop) to look for further info about that, and then a message came from firma coright that i am using cloned hardware and the m@th*f@ckers informed me that the device was not genuine and has been bricked so it cannot be used anymore.... my legally bought device from aliexpress...
    How the h@ll i know that this was cloned device...CORIGHT are SO WRONG, they have shown that they have released products that have been readily cloned, and their solution is to wound the victim of these Chinese counterfeiters…

Probably i say goodbye to my 30euros and end up with bricked laptop and programmer. Fortunately i had time earlier to save another laptop with it (asus)
    So help us god, and by that i warn any owners of an EZP2013 programmer, do not use your device connected to internet.

Back, to the laptop again, i want to think about what to do further. Buy a preprogrammed bios chip, or try to find another programmer, or simply let him rest in peace, and donor it's parts to other "patients" if there are stil any out there....:rolleyes: Thanks for all!

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    i have the ezp2013 programmer too :eek: although i not use it on a pc that is connected to the net, phew glad i not now! Only used it twice to reprog a 8pin chip for a asrock board and a msi board.

A pre programmed chip may be a way to go , i'm too old now to de-solder chips that small, cant see the damn things lol.

If it not work with a replacement chip at least you will have spares for other laptops.

9. mitsos

mitsos MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2012
    DO NOT USE ezp2013 connected to internet !!! As far you don't, not a single problem. And, except google, a good glass magnifier is also my friend working with these things :rolleyes:

10. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011