Bios Emulation

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by anybastard, Aug 18, 2014.

1. anybastard

anybastard MDL Novice

May 9, 2007
    Hi guys ,

I need your feedback .

Can you tell me if possible emulate ( virtualize ) the bios present inside branded units ?

My target is take the screenshots ( instead of pics with a camera ) in order to make some presentation for my company .

BTW is not a problem have bios files

If the answer is no , do you know a possible workaround ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers

BR
    AnyB.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    There are tools such as Phoenix BIOS editor which have the ability to emulate, but it's the only one I know. It works for Phoenix BIOSes only. An emulation is no real behavior, though and the screen is looking different compared to the real BIOS. I use the emulate function to test modifications...
    Example: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...x-BIOSes/page2?p=599293&viewfull=1#post599293

You can see there is no value for total memory....

To take screenshots of the real BIOS you can:

-Have a look if it has a screen shot option (modern have it, one just needs to plug in a USB pen drive (FAT16/32) and press F12 for instance.)

-If not you need to record the DVI output somehow, perhaps using a PVR. But that I guess is more complicated than to take a picture with a mobile phone's cam...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. anybastard

anybastard MDL Novice

May 9, 2007
    Hi Yen ,

thanks a lot for your answer .

BR
    AnyB.

4. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Like Yen has suggested. All the MSI motherboards now let you take screen shots to USB so I would assume others would be similar...