BIOS Features Unlock on - Foxconn DG33M03 -

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by whitejohnny, Jun 10, 2011.

1. whitejohnny

whitejohnny MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2010
    Hi, I've got a Dell Inspiron 530 with Foxconn board - DG33M03. The bios is Award; I've already modified it to some degree to unlock some features - fan speed, overclocking, voltage, etc and of course a slic 2.1. It works ok, although its giving me the "No Timer Tick Interrupt" error since I updated, which it never did before. I am learning about DSDT tables and ACPI mods (I'm doing a hackintosh also). Anyway, my fan stuff came up all funny and doesn't actually alter the fans, although most of the other stuff I did works. I used ModBin6 IIRC.

What other tools are available for modifying bioses to add features? Alternatives to modbin? And which one is actually the newest modbin?

would someone please point me to some resources for understanding and modifying bioses?

Also, could anybody with a motherboard that has sata ports that were not installed from the factory, and tried adding the sockets report on there success/failure? I have 6 of which 4 have sockets, and I'm wandering if I can just add the sockets, maybe a few resistors etc, as the ICH9 (i think) has the ports?

Thanks folks!