Bios flashing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RCOO, Aug 20, 2009.

1. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #1 RCOO, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Hi everyone.
    I'm currently on the mission to flash my bios with the slicced 2.1 bios i got from here: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/117808

I have a ready MS-DOS USB bootable drive.
    I need someone to tell me how to flash my bios safely. (including recovery and all).
    I have an Asus P5GZ-MX motherboard, with Windows Vista HP x86 in dual boot with Windows 7 Ultimate x86.
    I have the rom file and Afudos 2.36 Flashing utility.
    I need to know how to flash from this point behond.

I also need to know if flashing with the provided modded bios will affect my Windows Vista OEM installation, since it came pre-installed and i would like to be able to re-use the sticker key.
    I also didn't understand the last point on the modder's post: Make sure to Rename the file to the same name as the original.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #2 urie, Aug 21, 2009
    I wouldn't even think about flashing your bios untill you find out what Slic you have in you bios . Download Slic Dump Toolkit posted here

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/6925
    and run that dump you certificate and also make note of slic brand then request bios slic 2.1 mod with correct slic brand that matches your machine.

3. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I have slic 2.0. I already requested and have my modded bios with Slic 2.1 .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #4 Everilda, Aug 22, 2009
  5. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Thanks guys. I successfully flashed my bios. It was really fast, like less then 1 minute.
    I just didn't know the command to leave the ms-dos window, so i had to press the power button to restart like it asked to.

6. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Don't forget to go to the Bios setting to load the default bios configuration.:)