bios free update software

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by van.deepre@gmail.com, Mar 26, 2011.

1. van.deepre@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2011
    is there any free bios update software which can update my BIOS.:sad3::sad3:

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. van.deepre@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2011
    i have dell optiplex 330 with A03 bios i want to update it to A06 ( my systerm come with vista preloded and i have instrall windows7 myself)
    my motherboad is dell inc.0kp561
    please mod my BIOS.
    thanks

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    The BIOS update software I've had has all been from the OEM and they were always free, pre-installed and generally ran fine. Bloatware IMHO so it's all gone now.

Having had my net connection fail while flashing the BIOS settled the issue for me. Now I download and flash on AC power with a fully charged battery. I've had the power fail at inconvenient times too. If you live long enough, and I guess I have, what's bad that can happen has happened. Or so it seems sometimes.

I now go to the OEM site, download what's needed and then manually flash the BIOS. Methinks being a little slow and thoughtful seems maybe a good idea here. But that's just burned-once and now ultra-conservative old-fart me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...