Bios hacking for hidden features

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by weezer, Nov 27, 2009.

1. weezer

weezer MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2009
    Is this only for SLIC mods? Cause I was wondering if there is an unlocked bios for Compaq V2575CA laptop. Something with OC options. It would be nice to OC my ML-34 to it's max stable state, but leave the underclocking energy saver on. This laptop is about 4-5yrs old, but still decent. So I was hoping that there was some sort of hacked or generic bios that isn't locked down available for D/L.

The last bios revision: Version F.27
    The motherboard info is:

Information About Your Current BIOS
    BIOS Type: Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
    BIOS Date: 20060830
    BIOS Vendor: Hewlett-Packard
    BIOS Version: F.27
    BIOS Size: 524288
    Chipset: Athlon 1100 rev 0
    Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    Product: Presario V2000 (ET943UA#ABL)
    Base Manufacturer: Quanta
    Base Product: 3093
    Chassis Manufacturer: Quanta

2. Darth_nVader

Darth_nVader MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    I don't think anyone has taken Bios Hacking that far.

Requiers far to much work, less time consuming to do OCing on the OS Level.

Try SetFSB.

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Some can be unlocked. The problem is that a lot of the proprietary OEM (DELL, HP, Etc.) use their own bios and the options are simply not there to unlock. If they are hidden, then they can be unlocked most times, if they are not there it becomes a very difficult operation.

I think another resource is the new rebels haven..http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sis-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

They do a lot of customizations beyond my comprehension..

Again, the chance that there are locked features in the HP board is small..they generally just remove them..:cool::cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. weezer

weezer MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2009
    Damn, I was hoping there was something developed for these older laptops by now. :(

Ok, I'll ask there. :) Thanks for the info! :D

5. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    you can try by finding out what kind of board is in you laptop and getting a bios file direcly from the manufacturer... but thats a huge risk considering the fact the you might brick your mobo if a wrong bios file is installed....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...