Bios/Hardware Problems

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by taji, May 8, 2011.

1. taji

taji MDL Novice

May 8, 2011
    I have a Toshiba M305D based laptop. Today I attempted to flash the Bios to a newer version. Well, Toshiba's utility crashed on the last boot block and as a result the laptop is 'stuck'. It doesn't respond to the power on button or any command as near as I can tell. It doesn't beep or flash the screen.

I've tried to create a Phoenix recovery disk, but I'm not sure the laptop is responding. I plug power in and the USB flash drive blinks for a few seconds ( 2 - 3 maybe) then nothing as far as I can tell. Thing is, the flash drive only blinks if it is in this one port. The others don't flash like that if it starts up with it in there. The laptop doesn't respond to the power button and any attempt to get it into the recovery mode (FN + B) doesn't seem to work.

What else can I try?

2. ippytattoo

ippytattoo MDL Senior Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. taji

taji MDL Novice

May 8, 2011
    Read those already and tried creating different recovery disks. I'm trying to find a new solution or some way to force the computer to boot from the flash drive when it won't take input to power on.

4. ippytattoo

ippytattoo MDL Senior Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...