bios help

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by sid, May 2, 2010.

1. sid

sid MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    i tried to update bios off hp site but for some reason it woulnt work,i ask what i could do but they just gave me a run around, so i took the bios update extracted it which is 360BF52.fd , and i did the hp format tool thing with boot file and ubs,i put it in the ubs along with flas**t and all i get is , initializing file load 100 %,
    current bios model name 360B
    new bios model name D5AS

current bios version :f.02
    new bios version : f.52
    protection:the new rom file is not match this platform
    error: the new image file is not support flash utility
    i got update from hp site they said that was the right 1 for lap, are they any thing i can do to get need it 2 run win7 right ,i tried to rename to bin , tried rename D5AS,360B ,ABCDEFG but just cant get it
    BIOS Type: Wistron,BIOS ID: F.02,BIOS Vendor: Hewlett-Packard ,
    BIOS Version: F.02,Chipset: Intel 2A40 rev 7,Motherboard Name: Hewlett-Packard,Motherboard Model: Compaq Presario Notebook PC CQ50,
    System Name: Wistron,System Model: Chassis Version ,
    Base Manufacturer: Wistron ,Base Product: 360B
    hope some 1 can help thank in advance

2. trolltamer2

trolltamer2 MDL Junior Member

Jun 5, 2007
    #2 trolltamer2, May 2, 2010
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
    It sounds to me like you have downloaded the wrong bios!! Depending on the age of the Laptop you will need to modify the bios to get it to work with SLP OEM activation, What is the FULL model number ? i.e. Compaq Presario CQ50-215NR if you let me know i can point you in the right direction or mod the bios for you!

edit <there is 129 different models of that laptop!!!!!!>

3. sid

sid MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    Compaq Presario wm 139 cq50 it had home basic but i have win7 ult thanks for fast reply

4. trolltamer2

Jun 5, 2007
    #5 trolltamer2, May 2, 2010
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
    So did you download sp45123.exe ???

I've just checked that bios it has a slic 2.1 table in it !!! so you don't need it modded, all you should need to do is run the file as admin then install win 7 ultimate and then use daz's loader advanced option to install cert and key for you!

5. sid

sid MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    when i try to in stall it as admin is starts then it just freezes up i have to take out battery and power cord out to get it to work again, then i try ubs method
    and that wont work

6. trolltamer2

Jun 5, 2007
    It sounds like its the wrong bios..... you sure its def sp45123.exe you have downloaded? and that the model number is correct ??? When you say it freezes...... how long do you leave it??? sometimes it looks frozen but is still working in the background...... PS make sure its not started to flash bios when you turn it off that will cause a whole lotta HURT if you crash your bios!!!

Just to make sure it is Vista Home Basic you have ??? The other option is to install Win7 ultimate first then flash the bios!!! or use a loader as its safer......not as good but def safer.......

I would personally install Win 7 first you'll have 30 days to get a loader or bios mod working.... or you could re-arm for at least 120 days. It could be you Home Basic install is knackered?? If it is already Win7 then you won't even need to upgrade the bios!!!!

7. sid

sid MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    i have win7 on when i try to flash , when i try 2 install from hp it just freezes up the fan kicks on hi and
    BIOS Version: F.02 stays on and i downloaded from hp update 45123 and what weird i cant even flash it with a ubs , but hey thank for the help and take it easy

8. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    most of the flash tools are best flashed from XP..some say they are VISTA compatible, but XP is best if you must flash from OS. Of course the absolute best environment to flash from is pure DOS IMHO...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. sid

sid MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    #11 sid, May 3, 2010
    Last edited: May 3, 2010
    (OP)
    i tried both ways flasher exe lap just froze up , i waited 15 min, ubs said initializing file load 100 %,current bios version :f.02
    new bios version : f.52
    protection:the new rom file is not match this platform
    error: the new image file is not support flash utility, but thanks for your time

11. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I'm not sure what else to suggest, flashing it from within Windows is risky and I'm sure if you keep trying you could end up in a whole lot of trouble.

I don't like telling people to use my software, especially when theres a good BIOS for their machine but since you're having issues flashing your system then it would be much safer for you to use a loader (see my signature).

12. trolltamer2

Jun 5, 2007
    What is the spec of the laptop? intel processor or amd? how much ram and what graphics has it got?? it sounds like its the wrong bios to me....... and if you force it to flash the wrong bios you are going to have a large paper weight!!! according to the HP site there is 129 different models of that laptop. A lot will be the same bios but some will be different.

I would agree with Daz @ the moment until you know you are sure you have the right bios file!! if you download a trial of Lavally's Evevest that will tell you exactly what hardware you have and we can check that it is the right bios file!!

13. TassieToo

TassieToo MDL Member

Nov 11, 2008
    As mentioned above, there are over 100 different models of that laptop and some DO have a different BIOS. Seach HP support and drivers using the product number (p/n) on the sticker underneath your laptop. That WILL take you to the right model.

14. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    HP tools for flashing from Windows have proved remarkably reliable and they usually offer a way to check your BIOS and find the updated one for you.

Are you sure you computer qualifies for the Vista -> 7 upgrade ? - if it doesn't there is no BIOS update for 7 for it - this seems likely.