Bios master password for newer dells...

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by bdoggman, Oct 11, 2013.

1. bdoggman

bdoggman MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2012
    Hi all, I've read the fourms and know there is master code generator to unlock most bios passwords but ive ran into a issue with some newer dell laptops "ex: N5040 ". I know there is a way to unlock them but the password generators don't work for some of the newer models. there is a guy on ebay that unlocks them, heres a link to his post:

well i cant post the link, it wont let me. but if you search "unlock N5040 bios password " on ebay you will find the results. Hes charging 60-70 usd to do it
    My question is does anyone know the technique he uses or what software? I know there someone out there smarter than
    me.....:eek:

Thanks for any help!

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Try this :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bdoggman

bdoggman MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2012
    thanks , but ive tried that one as well. the laptop wont let me boot or access anything " f2 f12 etc wont work " unless i enter the pass word.

4. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Which OS is installed on your laptop ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. bdoggman

bdoggman MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2012
    its win 7 64bit

7. saratorros

saratorros MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2013
    I read lots of treads but still cant get into my laptop. I did not forget my password but after my child placed laptop on table with wineglas which felt in laptop i was afraid it died.. But i didnt give up dried it above toastroaster and one day in sun, tried again and a light went on of elec.cable.. Finadly it worked again but only after typing lots of times password, i noticed several caps didnt work anymore good,like capslock and b,n so after log out (all worked normal miraciously)and later turn on again i couldnt succeed to go in anymore for my password required the keys that didnt function,sometimes after 50 times tryin, it worked and i could go to windows.i changed both unset password in bios and reset all to one month before with system restore. Unfortiounatly next time it asked again for system password,and i tried all i could bios is set to boot from hdd first.i bought a extern usb keyboard,my laptop dont have a ps1? Connection, but it doesnt take my password, i tried all of the password i had and of dogber site, sorted the 2 points inside my laptop were i see cmos clr, unplugged battery for 2 days, ook out ramp memory in hope it would boot of from disc (i have the xp cd) and try solutions for keyboard ,ordered a new one today, dont know if it help. Try for 2weeks now, if anyone can help, please and thank you! Btw i bought my laptop in second hand store in my former country last year but calling dell there costs too much, and i didnt keep my papers or they are stored were i cant search now... My tag 461LM3J 595B

8. saratorros

saratorros MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2013
    Im new here and its hard to respond on a post with this phone, just did but cant find it?

9. saratorros

saratorros MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2013
    Sorry,was too fast,dont know how to delete.