bios mod questions

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by cee12, Sep 19, 2010.

1. cee12

cee12 MDL Junior Member

May 4, 2010
    Hi! I'm about to bios mod for the first time, and I'm still trying to work a few things out. :confused:

How can I determine the motherboard type? Can't find it in the SLIC_toolkit, and I only get a "default system bios" label under bios in dxdiag (as the win7 repository suggested). Is there another way short of dismantling my laptop and reading it off the motherboard?

Also, my bios is revision F.24, but on the Hp website has F.66A as the latest version, F.24 isn't even available in the archive anymore. Should I upgrade the bios before modding it, or is it ok to upgrade/mod in the same flash?

Cheers! :)

2. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    I dont know u're using desktop or lappy, but if u using desktop u can find the mobo type by open the case n see near processor, it should written there. Anyway how do u know the revision of ur bios if u dont know ur mobo type?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cee12

cee12 MDL Junior Member

May 4, 2010
    Nevermind, I was overthinking it. I thought I would need to use a hardware identification utility or something to get the model number, but it turns out the motherboard model is just the computer model. So yeah, I did know that before I looked at the revision :rolleyes:

Anyone else wondering if to update or not beforehand, do! It will also ensure your RWeverything report is accurate. In my case, the updated bios had SLIC 2.1 already, so once I updated it there was no need to mod. yay.