BIOS MOD TOOL (AMIBCP v3.51) (Hidden Menus Revealed)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by cl0wng0d, May 4, 2013.

1. cl0wng0d

cl0wng0d MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2013
    I've been looking for tools to open up the hidden menus that are located on my HP Factory Bios screen.
    It's come to my attention that people have had failed attempts at using this program on Windows 7 with
    any version of just about any AMI bios rom. Im VERY new to this, but i have definitely figured out why this
    program wasn't working before. (I tried the dos version called AMIBCP76 but gave bad checksum on rom)
    It appears as though for this program to work properly you must do the following:

1) right click the program and choose properties
    2) click on the compatibility tab
    3) tick the "Run this program in compatibility mode"
    4) choose Windows Vista (plain, no service packs)
    5) very bottom of that same window tick "Run the program as an Administrator"
    6) Click Apply

I had actually trashed this program because it kept crashing or would say "couldn't open file" and
    i figured maybe this thing was too damn old... Alas, this wasn't the case. Soon after I loaded my rom
    i found alot of menus that my factory HP was hiding from me. Like i said, im new to this... so im going to
    take my time. But, for what it's worth, i hope i helped someone out today.

By the way, my bios rom is an American Megatrends Inc.
    Version 5.43
    Date 09/10/2009 (alot of people were trying to find this info on this rom)

Not a guarantee from my knowledge that anything in these menus "can" become of use... but if you can help me i sure
    would appreciate it. Anyway, if you knew all this before, cool deal... if you didn't .. now ya know! - Deuces :sailor: