BIOS mod vs emulated BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by lunar21, Nov 18, 2009.

1. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    Hell yall,

I was wondering if there was a program out there that would tell me if my SLIC was was genuine or modded or emulated, if there is please give me the link.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    There is no difference at the SLIC's! You have to look where it comes from.
    Or to check if a loader is installed..this M$ will do in the future...
    AFAIK there is no tool...
    You may ask Microsoft. :D It's up do M$ to distinguish between....
    You cannot distinguish between a bios mod and a official bios at any cases.
    Therefore you have to compare the latest original bios with the one applied on a machine...
    We do anything to mod it like there is NO difference! We've got different ways to mod a bios.
    You can see some differences at the SLIC address...at some loaders it's emulated, at some mods it's special.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    Ok thanks for that information. I was wondering because one time i opened a loader and it said SLIC 2.1 emulated, then i uninstalled it, and reinstalled 1 version higher loader and it said BIOS SLIC 2.1 (it did not say emulated anymore). So does that mean it was a better loader or that something else happened?