BIOS Modded with SLIC 2.1, but still no activation

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Mazzocato, May 28, 2012.

1. Mazzocato

Mazzocato MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    Hi all,

I've read a lot about bios modding and insertion of SLIC tables into them. I have the complete package of BIOS Tools and used it over and over on every single motherboard with success, even with notebooks/netbooks.

But, this one is giving me trouble. It's an old CCE (Brazillian) based on the Uniwill L41ii motherboard. You can find a lot about it; it's motherboard is used in Acer's models too and has the i943GML chipset.

So, I upgraded the memory to the 2Gb tops in dual-channel limited by the chipset. Downloaded the original bios 1.11 for the L41ii so I could change the cpu. But got stuck trying to put a C2D T5300. Later on, I flashed the BIOS with the L51ii model (same chipset and stuff, just a couple of hidden features) and got it working.

To make it short: It's a C2D T5300, 2Gb RAM DDR2-533, Uniwill L41ii motherboard with L51ii modded Phoenix BIOS.

The problem:

Both L41ii and L51ii come with pubkey and marker (2.0) for windows vista of unknown/generic brand. Couldn't get it activated on vista, so I added a Slic table with SSV2 mode and tried W7. No go again.

I thought it was because of the old markers so I modded the original bios with CCE slic bin (with matching certificate) in Dynamic mode, to clear all up. It ended up replacing an APIC table with the informations and erased the past codes. So far, so goo.

Then I modded it again with SSV2 to add the slic table and everything is ok, I believe. The APIC and SLIC tables are UP, I have an CCE W7 Professional OEM key, using it in the matching version of W7, and a matching certificate.

No go. It won't activate. Instead it kills the 30 days grace to 3 days.
    So I'm confused about why.

I believe the BIOS is heavily locked in functions too, but I thought dynamic mode took care of that.

What is it that I'm doing wrong ?

P.S.-> Sorry for the long post and the poor english.
    P.S.-> Any help is appreciated.

2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    How are you adding cert and you are certain it is the correct one?

3. Mazzocato

Mazzocato MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    Through the [SOURCES][$OEM$] folder via script. Then manually with cscript slmgr.vbs or just slmgr.vbs -ilc.
    I always run as administrator. I think there is something wrong in the bios mod.

[EDIT]

Yeah, Phoenix Tools confirmed it's a match with all strings and tables ...

4. Mazzocato

Mazzocato MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    No ideas ?

I've just confirmed that I'm not with a black listed key. It's definitely some problem with the SLIC / Matching method.
    Maybe I'll try to remove all OEM and slic tables from the original bios before I mod it again, but... how ?

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  6. Mazzocato

Mazzocato MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    #6 Mazzocato, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
    (OP)
    Running fixwat right now. Let you know of the green bottom soon ;)

Thanks for the reply.

7. Mazzocato

Mazzocato MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    Well,

Under the SLIC Diagnosis part, I have:

Marker ==
    Pubkey !=
    Digital Signature OK
    Cert. OK

SLIC STATUS: Invalidated.

So, the pubkey is killing me ?

8. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    It should accept any key for the OS version installed, right?

9. Mazzocato

Mazzocato MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    #9 Mazzocato, May 29, 2012
    (OP)
    I think the problem is with the SLP 1.0 stuff.

It has an ECS BIOSLOCK Address range, along with various Fujitsu-Siemens / Siemens address.

I knew this bios was locked.
    Now I need to flush this data of the bios... but PBE just give me a lot of errors when trying to load the bios file for edit...

[EDIT]
    Apparently they locked the USB boot stuff. I can try to select in the bios, but it loops trying to boot from a formated by HP program USB drive.
    Damn, I'm going to have such a head ache with this.

BTW, LatinMcG ... Windows Loader activates it without a snap =/
    I just want it in the slic so I can have a OEM CD for it...

10. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #10 redroad, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  11. Mazzocato

Mazzocato MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    I'll try to flash it and see what happens.
    Thanks a lot ^^

12. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    when u flash it.. uninstall daz windows loader then reboot.. so slic toolkit 3.2 can read the real slic .. not the emulation in bootloader.

13. Mazzocato

Mazzocato MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    #13 Mazzocato, May 29, 2012
    (OP)
    I did a fresh install of W7... without any key or certificate. Flashed the original BIOS, "L41II12s.111", found in ECS-Uniwill site, version 1.11.
    Opened SLIC ToolKit and found out a DSGLTDDS string in the RSDT, without slic tables.

It's an ADVENT SLP 2.0 OEMID Table for Windows Vista. Found the .bin and the .xrm-ms.
    Now I need to put it to 2.1...

But how ?

14. Mazzocato

Mazzocato MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    Well, I think that the problem here is that the bios didn't flash... really, bricked me. Got it alive again, following some methods around the forum; got it back to the ''L41II12s.111''.

I can insert the SLIC 2.0 and have no problems, but any slic in the MDL database for advent doesn't match the RSDT string.
    I need to change / delete that string, and undo the ECS lock.

PBE doesn't allow me, and hex editor + me = brick. So, I could use some help.

[EDIT]

Interesting is that the 2.1 cert is a match with the 2.0 SLIC table. It is normal that ?
    Can I create the SLIC 2.0 and auth W7 with the 2.1 cert ?
    ***Verified using SLIC Toolkit 3.2

15. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #16 redroad, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  16. Mazzocato

Mazzocato MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    Hey,

No need for harsh talk. I figured it out.
    The problem was 4 OEM tables that contained strings to 2.0. I used the advanced options in the PT 2.01 along with Dynamic mode to replace those RSDT oem strings with 2.1 ones.
    Now I have with SLIC Tools that I can add a 2.1 SLIC table and match it.

I'll just remod again with SSV2 to add the SLIC table and hope it helps.

The problem with that bios, is that my laptop is L41II, not L55II. I used the original 1.10 L55II for some time until some random crashes.
    Sorry for bothering ya... I know I can be "stubborn", but I like to experiment and learn how things go on.

As so, I'm acquiring an UEFI Mobo to help and experiment with SLIC mods. It's from Asus.
    I'll also try the MVP stuff, since it's a Z68 chipset.

Sorry for troubling ya. :/

17. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    No trouble for sure.. You just headed off in a totally different direction with no update.. Glad you got it sorted .. New board..Nice!!! :worthy::biggrin:

18. Mazzocato

Mazzocato MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    #19 Mazzocato, May 29, 2012
    (OP)
    Got it. I just want to unlock the bios now. I'm going to read how to modify the SLP 1.0 string to get the valid one without bios lock.
    Because I can just alter "boot order" in my bios lol

[EDIT]

I don't that's going to happen. Figure it out about the SLP and it doesn't have anything to do with bios being locked. :/
    Sad...