BIOS problems Acer Aspire 7520G

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by RigMedic, Nov 5, 2009.

1. RigMedic

RigMedic MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2009
    Hello,

I have a BIOS problem with my Acer Aspire 7520G. My main board was fried due to a too high voltage of the adapter. I bought an original one and build it in. This board is suitable for the 7520 and the 5520, only difference is; the 7520 has a numeric key pad. The BIOS(Phoenix) from the manufacturer is set for a 5520, so I can't use now the key pad. I know there is a tool to edit the BIOS and put the right settings into the BIOS. I asked ACER, they admitted that there is such a tool but they don't give it.

My Question is; is there another to tool to chage those settings????

Thanks in advance.

Mario

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    You can use Phoenix Bios Editor for modding a phoenix bios. I know how to insert slic 2.1 into it but not how to change the key pad, sry. Hope this helps a bit. :)

3. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    RigMedic: I never heard about such tool. For the 5520 model, if you press "m" in the post screen (when the press F2 for setup utility message is apears) you can acess the bios in his full glory. You can even say that the machine has a bluetooth when there's none on it hehe. I never came across a 7520g, but since they're using the same board... worth a try.
    Another thing is look into the board for jumpers of some sort.
    Good luck and please share your findings on this matter.

Best wishes,
    SpkLeader

4. RigMedic

RigMedic MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2009
    @spkleader; thanks for your reply. I tried it, but it didn't work. When I press "m", the computer boots up normal. I can't get into the bios on this way. Did I something wrong?

By the way, the 7520g is the 17" Gemstone edition.

Thanks anyway, I will try again maybe this time it will work.

Greets Mario

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Well, the trick doesn't work on every model.
    Still, I should careless about you just becoz your signature!
    CÚBUNTU!!!! JESUS CHRIST!
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Anyway, I'll try to dig some more info ;)

6. rokkyrokky

rokkyrokky MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2009
    Where did you buy your mainboard for 7520g? I am searching but can't find.

7. jeanpell

jeanpell MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2010
    I have a same problem. I put aspire 5520 motherboard in aspire 7720. I did repair another Aspire 7720 by Acer, Acer had changed Motherboard, on return the keyboard is working mode key 88 instead of 106. I return the pc to my fees (guarantee?). I always look for the solution to the first PC.

Thanks

Jean-Pierre