Bios Problems With XFX Nforce 680i Motherboard

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by zzdiesel, Jan 18, 2008.

1. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    I just bought & installed this board. It has the F05 Bios file. I can't do anything with it. It won't even update to the new F06 Bios from the XFX site using the updater at CMOS or by Winflash 1.9 Everything says it's the wrong file or part number.

I have two modded files ( Slic 1.0 & 2.0 and Slic 2.0) from here that sure enough won't install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    if you just bought this board, it would appear this would be better resolved with XFX support...could be your motherboard cmos chip could be flakey...since you can't even update with a official bios update.

3. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    Thanks, I opened a support ticket with them yesterday about this but they haven't responded yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    #4 zzdiesel, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
    (OP)
    XFX finally got to me today. He determined that the Bios file installed is a nforce file instead of an XFX bios file. He sent me a file that he said would update mine to XFX, but the **** thing is in .iso form instead of .bin and the file is 1.8 meg. I tried using Winflash, but it said it is too big. I wrote the guy back, but I guess he was gone for the day or weekend.

I went ahead and did the updates and installed vistaloader 2.1.2 for now. I hate it not being activated.

5. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    #5 jroc, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
    it sounds like the .iso he sent you was meant to burn to a cd...because that is generally the format used...if you have a program like PowerISO or UltaISO you can extract the files from the .ISO...or if you have a cd/dvd burinng program you could then use a CD/RW and burn the .iso and then explore the cd and copy the file needed to a floppy...that .iso might even be bootable with the flash utility (complete) once burned.

6. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    #6 zzdiesel, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
    (OP)
    jroc, you were right. I burned the .iso to a CD and rebooted and it automatically updated to the right bios. I was then able to install the mod Bios, and all is well now.

It's strange; the bios info & awdflash in the .iso were completely hidden. I couldn't see them or extract them with any program.

Thanks...

7. psreloaded

psreloaded MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    #7 psreloaded, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  8. hydrophantom

hydrophantom MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2010
    Are you still on teh 680i. Im looking for a bios with 2.1 on it