BIOS RECOVERY Acer insyde H20 bricked bios on laptop helios 300 ph317-53

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by saltinbank, Jan 7, 2020.

1. saltinbank

saltinbank MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2020
    Hi guy

so few days ago i got a power supply shortage during a bios update ...
    it bricked my my bios which was working perfectly before the event :

ive tried CMOS battery reset, unplug the ram, test all the hardware
    - Mobo
    - Ram 2x8 GB ddr4 sticks so+dimm
    -cpu
    -Hdd and ssd
    are not faulty ...
    i got good voltages on the pcb of the mobo and all the rest working perfectly on other laptop
    so the trouble is a this bricked H20 insyde bios

Please help me, iam very pissed off, and laptop is 3 months old :)
    thank you in advance people !

it is the first time i have a laptop (always tower pc before that)

i saw i can do an Insyde bios recovery via usb crisis key:
    1. ) Obtain the correct BIOS file for your system. The file extension will usually be one of the following: “.fd” “.rom” “.bin” “.wph”
      2.) Please see to determine what you should rename the BIOS file to.
      3.) Copy the renamed BIOS file to an EMPTY USB flashdrive. If the flashdrive is not empty or is incorrectly formatted, the recovery process may fail.
      4.) Disconnect the AC power adapter and, in the case of a laptop, remove the battery as well.

5.) Insert the USB flashdrive into one of the USB ports on the computer. In most cases, the particular USB port that you use will not matter. That being said, some computers are finicky and will only accept a specific USB port for recovery.

6.) With all power sources disconnected from the computer, hold down the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘B’ key. Do not release these keys until instructed to do so.

7.) Connect the AC power adapter to the computer.

8.) Press the ‘Power’ button on the computer.

9.) When the LED’s illuminate, you may release the two keys from step #6. You may notice some of the LED’s illuminating differently from how they do in normal computer operation.

10.) After about 10 seconds, the computer should start reading the flashdrive. While searching for the file system, the computer may (should) beep for one second. The number of beeps can vary based on the capacity of the flashdrive as well as the number of files on it. If the BIOS file is not found, the computer will reboot and try again.

11.) If the file is found, the computer will load it. The particular computer used in this tutorial took 12 seconds to load the BIOS file, but times can vary based on the size of the BIOS image. No beeps will be heard during this process.

12.) After the computer is finished loading the BIOS file, it will start flashing the BIOS. During this process, the computer will beep every 2 seconds. The computer used in this tutorial took about 32 seconds. About 5 seconds after the flashing process has finished, the computer will shutdown. If the recovery process was successful, then the BIOS should work normally the next time you boot up the computer.

*NOTE: Not all devices will produce beeping sounds during the recovery process. The USB flashdrive LED should still blink on and off while the computer is loading the BIOS image. If the loading process is successful, the computer should shutdown within the next minute. For larger BIOS images, this may take longer."
    My question will it work for me AND should i rename the fd file ?
    i have download phoenixtool to have some info :

Extracted FD file from exe : Covini108.fd
    brand : Acer
    Bios : EFI/ insyde Bios

slic log :

cant post it

cheers, saltinbank !

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    If it is brand new and only 3 months old, send it in for repair....I would not offer to tell them anything about the flash attempt if they do not ask.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...