BIOS Recovery - AOpen MP45-D

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by strike91, Apr 25, 2010.

1. strike91

strike91 MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2010
    Hi,

I have a BIOS problem with my AOpen XC Mini (miniPC) MP45-D. I flashed the BIOS using a DOS flasher with the latest BIOS image. The flashing successfully completed. But when I turn on the computer, there was no display anymore. I think the BIOS was corrupted, or had a checksum error. How can I recover my BIOS? Please note that this PC uses an Award BIOS, I don't have a floppy drive and I used a USB drive for the DOS flashing. I really need some help. Thanks.

2. strike91

strike91 MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2010
    Is there anyone that can help me? Please do so.

3. starams5

starams5 MDL Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. teils

teils MDL Junior Member

Jan 22, 2008
    hello i have another problem but I dos flash and everything went fine but on reboot tells me I am mistaken your CMOS load default but does not allow me to enter the bios and windows does not start even

5. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Check your motherboard manual for instructions to manually re-set your bios. Normally done by placing a jumper on the reset pins. Then go into the bios settings and make sure your boot drive order is correct etc

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. teils

teils MDL Junior Member

Jan 22, 2008
    I was playing with the BIOS file, flashed it successfully, but there was a problem. The M/B boots OK till "Verifying DMI Pool Data....... " and that was it. No booting from any storage device, couldn’t enter in BIOS Setup, couldn’t start utility to reflash the BIOS