BIOS Req, searched everywhere

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by empush, Apr 6, 2011.

1. empush

empush MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2011
    Hello there dear members,
    I have searched the whole forum for the right answer and didn't came across it just yet so I decided to post my request here.

I have a Packard Bell RS65-T600 (13.3") with a Core 2 Duo T5800 Chipset: Intel GM45 Express.
    And for some awkward reason my laptop wouldn't boot from a CD/USB Device no matter what I try.

So I thought I'll just try to flash my BIOS and it may help fixing the problem.
    I couldn't find the right place for my BIOS anywhere, could some please give me a hand here?

Thank you in advance,
    Chen.

2. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Not sure if you have a built-in drive, or external. If so have you done this...

1.Ensure that the external optical drive is plugged into a USB port.
    2.Power on the system and press F2 to enter the Basic Input Output System (BIOS) Setup during Power-On Self-Test (POST), when the Packard Bell logo is being displayed.
    3.Use the arrow keys to navigate Boot or Advanced BIOS Feature.
    4.Refer to on screen instructions to set the first device to the built-in optical drive, or USB CDROM.
    5.Press the CD-ROM drive eject button and insert the System CD.
    6.Close the CD-ROM tray.
    7.Press F10, then press Enter to save the changes and reboot the system. The system will now start from the external CD

3. empush

empush MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2011
    Thank you for your quick reply, but...

Hi NICK@NUMBER11,

Thank you for your fast answer but I have tried this several times, which different boot CD's, different OS's etc...
    It just wouldn't boot in any case, it just says: Boot Ready and go directly to Windows (7) all over again.

All I'm looking for now is the right flash for my BIOS which I couldn't find anywhere on the web so far (I'm talking about more than two weeks now heh).

Thank you again!
    Chen Friedman.

4. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Can you let us know the current bios version number

5. emp

emp MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2011
    Of course, sorry:
    American Megatrends
    Ver: PRBS65DC.P06

Thank you all again!

6. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Umm Yeh there does not seem to be any files online, try contacting Packard Bell support and obtain bios from them. Sorry not able to help

7. emp

emp MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2011
    I checked and found

I checked a few days ago and saw that somebody updated to version PRBS65DC.P07, but couldn't find it anywhere.
    Also tried to contact everybody who replied on his thread (including the guy of course) but no-one returned an answer just yet.

Ant ideas? Anybody? :eek:

Thank you all again!!
    Chen.

8. emp

emp MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2011
    Guys please help me ...

The only community that might have any answers for my issue is right here :\

I'm a bit hopeless now, my laptop is ruined and I cannot fix it...

Thank you all again !!