BIOS Restoration: HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by SKJoy2001, Dec 21, 2007.

1. SKJoy2001

SKJoy2001 MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2007
    THIS IS TERRIBLY SERIOUS, PLEASE HELP ME.

I tried updating my BIOS, it went bad, now the system doesn't even start, it doesn't even get up to the BIOS POST screen, let alone booting up.

Motherboard = Gigabyte GA965G-DS3

I don't have any BIOS flashing/writing device nor any experience of it. Please let me know if something can be done at home. I know this model has virtually DUAL BIOS system for advanced security and protection, can that be of any help?

I AM REALLY PISSED OFF AT THIS MOMENT, PLEASE HELP ME. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

2. SKJoy2001

SKJoy2001 MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2007
    Dear JRoc,

Thank you for at least you've noticed my badluck. The issue is the the system doesn't even come up to the BIOS screen, how do I boot it with a floppy or CDROM then? I have CDROM attached to it.

Thanks in advance.

3. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Im not real sure...but i hope your MB isnt dead...but maybe with luck your floppy was already part of the boot sequence or your cdrom was..and it will detect the floppy and give your the >A prompt to where you can type in the command for your bio's flash utility (awdflash) for the Award Bios..then you can reflash your system....you might even go ahead and reset your cmos by removing the battery for a few minutes then putting it back in (Manual Should show this)...so either your MB is gone...or the resetting the cmos might help...be sure and remove the power cord from the back of the computer before doing anything inside....if you have someone who can help you in real person..then that will be a plus also...you last step is to RMA the board and hope its under warranty.

4. SKJoy2001

SKJoy2001 MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2007
    Dear JRoc,

Thanks again.

The problem with the situation is that there is no PROMPT! I mean, there is no CMOS/BIOS screen, even with DEL press, or whatever. If there were some sort of a prompt, I had the CDROM in the boot sequence, I could do the rest by myself, I already have the bootable images with flashing utility.

So, now the situation is, when I turn on my system, the power LED lits up, power and CPU fans working, machine noise begins, no BIOS screen, no BIOS POST message, no system failure or any other message.

Now my only goal is to somehow make the system upto a prompt, I don't care if it is a A/C/Z drive prompt.

Thank you again, I think the BIOS is not functioning at all! Is there a way out?

5. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    you might try as your last resort to check your manual about clearing your cmos (RTC Ram (CLRTC).

Clear RTC Ram--allows you to clear the Real Time Clock Ram in Cmos. You can clear the CMOS memory of date,time and system setup parameters by erasing the CMOS RTC RAM data.

hopefully this will help and the startup parameters need to be cleared...if not then you might have really goofed up something that might take a computer shop to repair.

6. SKJoy2001

SKJoy2001 MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2007
    Dear JRoc,

Thanks for all your help. That was the first thing I did but I new it wouldn't help because CLR RTC flushes the CMOS data while my CMOS is dead or whatever!

Anyway, I am going to claim a warranty, if they allow for BOIS FLASH FAIL warranty :(

7. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    #8 jroc, Dec 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017