Bios serial number.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Insanegamer1996, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Insanegamer1996

Insanegamer1996 MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2019
    After playing around with bios flashing i found out that my mobo is now recognized with "default string" number instead of number that was there before. Is there a way to re-add my mobo serial number into bios ?

2. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    If you used fpt for flashing you've probably lost your UUID as well. If you have Intel lan you may have also lost it's mac address...
    Contact the mainboard manufacturer for tools...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Insanegamer1996

Oct 22, 2019
    Bios was flashed with programmer. Its msi h110m pro-d mobo. Could you give me details on what to ask for when contacting mobo manufacturer. Because i think they wont know what im talking about.

4. Lutschpuppe

Lutschpuppe MDL Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Do you still have a dump of unmodified rom (complete content of eeprom, make always, ALWAYS a several copies before erasing the memory!)?

Its possible to recover the values and program it direct or with a new bios-image to your mobo.

5. Insanegamer1996

Oct 22, 2019
    I used image from website to program. And chip was erased before programming. Also i saw that those numbers disappeared right after using dos flashing tool from usb pendrive even before using programmer. M-flash is not removing serial numbers just dos flashing method does. Maybe there is a way to manually write those numbers by some aefudos.exe as i remember it.