bios slic 2.1 just kicked off

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by armada, Nov 13, 2009.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #1 armada, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    says i have 25days to activate????????????? has anything new been released?? was watching a video and bam. my bios is FACTORY from msi with slic 2.1???

what could have happend??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BuonaDomenica

BuonaDomenica MDL Senior Member

Aug 27, 2009
    more info please about your computer. Make, model what bios mod was used.

:eek:

3. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    factory msi 2.1 bios with msi cert and ultimate product key?? gx620 msi notebook

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    OKAY WTF??????????? my wifes desktop just did the same thing?????????????

she has a asrock g31m-s modded with dell slic 2.1 and dell cert?????????????

have they found a way? i mean 2 in one night right after another??

5. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    sounds odd to me, i've had nothing deactivate

6. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #6 armada, Nov 13, 2009
    (OP)
    both just happend within 5 minutes of each other 2 different machines diff mobo's diff bios.

and why 25 days? both hers and mine said 25 days we have had win7 loaded a lot longer than that this doesnt make sense

7. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Anything new that came in automatically via WU?

8. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    on tues nothing today though last update was 11/11

9. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    That is strange, maybe you did something wrong dude. No matter, I would try a different modded bios on your rig and see if that helps at all. It could be MS is starting to fight back now with the cracks. I know they are fighting the loaders by using the Malicious Software Removal Tool so they are trying at least. If you want I can try to mod your bios myself for you if you want me too or cannot find any other modded bios for your MoBo. If you do want me to mod it all I need to know is the link to the original bios for your pc and what type it is, ex. Award, AMI, or Phoenix. Let me know if you want dude. One last question, have you tried a loader or a different certificate as well? It could be for some reason the Cert you installed expired or somthing strange like that. I would first try using Daz's loader and activate via the bios method. This will install a new fresh cert that may be your problem but I don't know. I actually use a MAK key that I got from my gparents so I don't have to worry about that. Good luck though dude. ;)

10. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i know how to mod the bios'. the one bios in question IS FACTORY with 2.1 NO MOD NEEDED

11. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    For the msi rig, did you try to reinsert the appropriate cert and another key different from the previous one? Let's see what happens.

12. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #12 armada, Nov 13, 2009
    (OP)
    yes of course. the acer key now and reinstalled the dell cert. seems okay for now but how does the cert and key get removed by themselves the key was removed and was the factory win7 key when i checked it??

13. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Factory bios so I assume MSI 2.1 SLIC? :confused:

Dell cert on MSI board with MSI 2.1 SLIC? :confused:

Seems like you must get your act together, you're mixing up things

14. Dissonance

Dissonance MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    He said it happened to 2 different PC's, one his and one his wife's which was using the Dell cert and Dell slic.

15. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Same here nothing happend :cool:

16. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    no 2 diff systems. yes msi 2.1 from factory 1.11 bios and the msi is using the msi cert

the asrock is modded with the mod tool and using dell cert

17. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    #17 sam3971, Nov 13, 2009
    To start, it sounds like on the one that has the bios that did not need to be modded realize that you were not using the key that came with your pc dude. This is programmed into the CMOS chip and cannot be removed. As for the modded bios pc, it sounds like a cert problem or M$ is realizing that your pc is cr**ked via validation dude. As to why, I really do not know but I believe that is what is happening dude. Some MoBos detect loaders/modded bioses on there own which again could be why the modded pc deactivated. i had a similar problem with vista because my MoBo detected vista activation exploits and terminated them. The only cracks I could use with vista was the SP1 developer activation(Which killed when SP2 was released) and activation 2008(This one works with SP2 but that is my pc.

18. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I don't believe you have a valid point really and this isn't true. Because if it is true then any motherboard which has in house pirate protection would probably legally have to disclose such information in any papers that are released with the motherboard. Since it doesn't seem to be in the public that motherboards do this; this company could very well have a class action lawsuit drawn up against it. So it must be something else. Otherwise if this is happening to you find a way to prove that this motherboard company has put something into its product illegally and talk to a lawyer. Could be an interesting court case. Obviously don't say you tested it using a pirate OS :p But still. This is interesting. I updated Media Center again last night and even watched the original Star Trek episodes that are free online and I had no watermark or anything come up.

19. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    #19 sam3971, Nov 13, 2009
    Dude, I am a mobo technician and I know from my own experience that the CMOS chip holds licening information for activation. That is why when you buy a pre-installed pc with win7 it says that you cannot put a different version of windows 7 on unless you use the Windows Anytime Upgrade, which actually reprograms the cmos chip. I have seen it in vmware and in my own pc itself dude. Trust me. BTW different bios mods are easier to detect then other ones because some newer MoBo's detect activation exploits automatically dude. My MoBo did the same thing when I tested my friends copy of windows vista. As for now, I have a valid copy of windows 7 with a real key that I got from my grandparents.

20. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #20 911medic, Nov 13, 2009
    See PM...I know you have been here a while...no petty stuff here...:D:D

Additional info...Are you using 64bit OS????