Bios SLIC and x64

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dayloon, Mar 20, 2008.

1. dayloon

dayloon MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2007
    I had my abit IP35 bios modded about 6 months ago and vista x86 is working great, fully activated etc. I just wondered if vista x64 would also work ok or would I not be to activate that ?

Cheers

2. SEALBoy

SEALBoy MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2008
    It will work, you'll just have to apply the certificate again after installing it.

3. darwin39

darwin39 MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2007
    If its Ultimate 64 bit version, both 32 bit and 64 bit use the same cert and key. if bios mod works without you having to enter info in via cmd line, then all is good to go. this all depends on the activation method used. more info is required to make a better judgement.

IE: vista ultimate 32 bit retail dvd ( modded to OEM DVD) same would have to be done for the vista ultimate 64 bit retail dvd. I transferred the Source OEM info from the 32 bit Vista to the 64 bit vista Image and then burnt a copy and tested it.

Happy testing!

Darwin

4. something2

something2 Guest

So, if I have an branded computer with authentic SLIC bios that comes with Vista Home Premium 32bit, installing Vista Ultimate 64bit will also be slic activated if i apply computer-brand certificates?

I want to get a computer with 4gb ram, and only Vista 64bit can see whole memory.

5. ofcorp

ofcorp MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2008
    Yes, 100%.