BIOS / UEFI Modification and Flashing Utilities Collection

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by HHo2016, Apr 22, 2020.

1. HHo2016

HHo2016 MDL Junior Member

Sep 10, 2016
    #1 HHo2016, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    As a token of thanks to this community for its helpfulness, I share my collection of the following BIOS utilities (various versions for American Megatrends [AMI], Award, Phoenix, Dell, Insyde BIOS and EFI platforms). The utilities were collected from various locations and forums on the web (thanks also to these original posters).

AFUWIN
    AFUDOS
    AFUEFI
    AMIBCP
    AMIMM
    AMIDEWIN
    AMIDEDOS
    AMISCE (SCEWIN, SCEDOS, AMISCEW)
    DMIEDIT
    DMI16
    AFUMFGWIN
    SAFUWIN (HP)
    ChangeLogo
    MMTOOL
    CBROM
    AwardTool
    AMIFLASH
    AWDFLASH
    CBROM32
    MODBIN6
    WinFlash
    PhoenixTool
    XSearch
    BFlash
    WinPhlash
    PhoenixBIOSEditor
    SYNCMOS
    WinCrisis
    Aptio 3, 4, V and AMIBIOS8 utilities included. Full directory listing in "DIRINFO.TXT" in the folder shared below.

Download (2 archives): Google Drive shared folder (bit[.]ly/BIOSUtils).

2. HHo2016

Sep 10, 2016
  3. Jonathan St

Jonathan St MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2020
    Do you have an utility that could allow InsydeH20 users to flash a modded bios via DOS? My OS is connected via a USB and everytime I try to run InsydeFlash the laptop just crashes cause it disconnects the USB drives for abit ): I use SP55068 (F.1B)

4. HHo2016

Sep 10, 2016
    Maybe try the steps at this link? https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...5068-donovan6000-mods-microcode-update.77793/
    and also: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/hp-insyde-bios-recovery-steps.35272/

Seems like you need to flash in Windows or via EFI environment since USB ports are reset during flashing in DOS environment.

5. Jonathan St

Jonathan St MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2020
    Thanks for your reply!

I ended up (sort of) directly soldering the hard drive to the south bridge 4 data pins RX and TX for sata input while having it powered to a 5V supply and was able to power the HDD without use of the USB, just to say that the bios then worked like a charm. So for anyone who may experience a BSOD while updating the bios perhaps ensure that your bios flasher&files arent in any way interfering with USB because many flashers will reset the USB ports temporarily during flash rendering a BSOD and possibly a corrupted BIOS unless they're MS-DOS based / UEFI.

6. bolosman

bolosman MDL Novice

May 2, 2020
    How can i identify what bios i have in my sons HP Probook 6460b with an intel i5 CPU? as cant get into BIOS due to forgotten password...I've tried using the BIOS update util from HP's website as there is an update available but i can't apply due to forgotten password.

I'm hoping then i could use one of the programs as per the OP to fix

Many thanks

Edit - Using Win 10

7. HHo2016

Sep 10, 2016
    Try running msinfo32.exe and check "BIOS Version/Date" along with "System Model".

8. Remiel

Remiel MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2008
    Thanks for sharing your collection!

9. nicolae788

nicolae788 MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2015
    Thank you for the collection of tools :)