Bios upgrade gone all bad

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Qutbudn, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Qutbudn

Qutbudn MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2009
    Hi everyone, I came across a number of posts about BIOS's on this site and there seems to be some really good information flowing about, so any help I can get will be much appreciated!

Basically I downloaded the Gigabyte online BIOS flash utility, it said that it automatically downloaded the correct BIOS, told me to hit ok and the screen was going to go funny, well it did. It reset itself, and I haven't seen the windows screen (or even the bios screen) since, I am getting POST codes now, then another strange noise, first high pitch then lower, in batches of 2 different frequencies in a beep if that makes sense. Also, I get nothing on the screen at all, it just stays black - both the cd-rom and the floppy drive activity lights light up, the light in the power button just flashes and it continues with the high / low noise.

So the motherboard is a Gigabyte Ga-8SIMLH - Rev. 4, on the Gigabyte site I can only find SIMLH -H or -H P, cant find it by itself so I am not exactly sure which BIOS to use, I do know that its a Phoenix BIOS though, I read that on the chip.

At this stage my plan of attack is to try and create some kind of recovery floppy but I have never had to recover a BIOS before so I am not really sure, and I kind of need some outside expertise on this one!

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You should have a recovery option on the driver CD that came with the board. I think the Qflash is F9 on these boards...This is out of an orifice, so don't hold me to it. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...