bios write protected

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by lilcuda, Jun 10, 2012.

1. lilcuda

lilcuda MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2010
    Hello , I have been working on a Asus Leader Companion 210 laptop the last few days and have backed up the original bios and added the 2.1 slic . I tried to flash the motherboard and I kept getting an error saying afu not supported .

I tried a few other bios tools to see if I could get around the problem but to no avail. The bios has come up as being locked in a few programs and I cant see anywhere in the actual bios menu to lock or unlock the system .

Im not sure if the motherboard has a jumper to allow the flash but being a laptop Im thinking probably not , has anyone encountered this before or knows of a workaround for it ? . The bios is AMI .

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Can you please provide the official bios link??

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  4. lilcuda

lilcuda MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2010
    Yep I used the official tools.

The bios tool on the site is afudos . I tried afuwin and afudos and both give me a afu not supported error message .

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    used universal backup tool. then u tried to flash with official tool = wrong
    use official to make backup .. edit with slic tool.. use same tool to flash.

6. lilcuda

lilcuda MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2010
    I tried the official update first and added slic and ran into the problem so than I tried the backup tool to check the bios and flashed again after adding slic with same problem .