Bit Locker in Win 7 Starter

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by towhid166, Apr 7, 2011.

1. towhid166

towhid166 MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2011
    Guys, I have a question. Currently I have win 7 ultimate in my Netbook and I turned on BitLocker in one of my Local Disk (Which doesn't contain windows). NOw my question is- if i switch to win 7 starter without formating HDD, will bitlocker still work on Win 7 starter as it already turned on? Does any one have any experience in this regard? thnx in advance :cool:

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    With over 120 views and no comments I'll ask. Why go from Ultimate to Starter? Seems totally counterproductive to me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. regal

regal MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    probably wants to save disk space, or paranonia? Better off using nlite.

Anyway you will need to decrypt your bitlocked drive prior to switching to starter, as starter has no bitlocker capabilities.

4. towhid166

towhid166 MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2011
    Because I own Samsung N 150 plus which gives me 10hr+ battery life with starter! but i want bitlocker protection and upgraded to Utimate and the battery goes down to 1hour only! Thats my problem! I want bitlocker but win7 ultimate drains my battery

5. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    My Asus Eee PC 1000HC had a good solid seven hours battery life with XP; longer if all I did was surf. When I installed Windows 7, that nice solid seven hours dropped to about four. I regained all my former (XP) battery life (and then some) by tweaking the power profile. The exact same thing happened with my wife's Toshiba netbook, except her Windows 7 battery life is now approaching ten hours. Go figure. :confused:

If you haven't tweaked you power profile, you might want to do that a bit before downgrading to starter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. towhid166

towhid166 MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2011
    Could you please tell me how to tweak power profile in Win 7?

7. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011