BitComet question.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by jetjock, Jul 4, 2017.

1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I used to be able to type a search topic into the torrent search window of BitComet and it would pull up page in Firefox with all the torrent links to that search. Now, all I get is a page with a different ad every time. I tried to install the Firefox extension in BitComet under options-integration, but it keeps telling me I have to start BitComet "non-elevated" to install the extension.

I am running v 1.4 64bit BitComet and Firefox 49.0.2 on Windows 7 Ultimate. I have asked BitComet support how start "non-elevated" but haven't gotten a response. Anyone here have any suggestions to solve either, or both of the above problems?

jetjock :plane:

2. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I have solved at least part of this problem. A Firefox extension (uBlock Origin) was preventing the links being pulled up. I created a new, non-admin. user and used it to start BitComet "non-elevated" (I think). I installed the Firefox Extension and BitComet said that it had installed it, but when I looked in Firefox the Extension had not been installed. Since I can't find a BitComet Extension for Firefox anywhere, I must assume that there isn't one anymore for the newer versions of FF. :( It appears that everything is working now, so I guess it's not a major problem.

jetjock:plane: