Black Screen after BIOS Update

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by papahan, Jun 4, 2013.

1. papahan

papahan MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2013
    Hi everone!
    I have a Packard Bell EasyNote LK13BZ and try to update my Bios. What I now have is a not-working Laptop and nothing else than a black screen. I tried to fix my problem with a CMOS-Reset, but it didn't help!
    I found a helpful theard named "Undocumented INSYDE BIOS recovery method.-Use andy's tool to obtain possible names." and try to do this, but it didn't work! Maybe I just have to use another name for the file, but I didn't find out how to name the file for my Laptop.
    Can anybody help me?

And sorry for my English.. I'm German and trying hard to learn it :)

2. papahan

papahan MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2013
    here is the link to the theard:
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/13095-Undocumented-INSYDE-BIOS-recovery-method-Use-andy-s-tool-to-obtain-possible-names

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    the only german i know that can possibly help u is CodeRush.. he has a spi programmer if need to be reprogrammed. but i dunno how far from you he is.

first thing u need to do is identify what bios type it is.. award.. ami or phoenix.

4. papahan

papahan MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2013
    the only thing i know is that it's an insyde bios..

5. papahan

papahan MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2013
    thanks for your help !
    2 short questions befor I do it:
    1. which file should I put on USB? the whole folder or only the renamed file?
    2. the name of the file in the downloded folder is ***.FD .. you said ***.fd .. is it the same? must it be in uppercase letters or in lowercase?

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  7. papahan

papahan MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2013
    I thank you so much... It has worked.. I didn't go to work since 2 day only to fix this problem..

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    did u have to make crisdisk.. or just files only?