Black Screen after BIOS Update

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by papahan, Jun 4, 2013.

1. papahan

papahan MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2013
    Hi everone!
    I have a Packard Bell EasyNote LK13BZ and try to update my Bios. What I now have is a not-working Laptop and nothing else than a black screen. I tried to fix my problem with a CMOS-Reset, but it didn't help!
    I found a helpful theard named "Undocumented INSYDE BIOS recovery method.-Use andy's tool to obtain possible names." and try to do this, but it didn't work! Maybe I just have to use another name for the file, but I didn't find out how to name the file for my Laptop.
    Can anybody help me?

And sorry for my English.. I'm German and trying hard to learn it :)

2. papahan

papahan MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2013
    here is the link to the theard:
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/13095-Undocumented-INSYDE-BIOS-recovery-method-Use-andy-s-tool-to-obtain-possible-names

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    the only german i know that can possibly help u is CodeRush.. he has a spi programmer if need to be reprogrammed. but i dunno how far from you he is.

first thing u need to do is identify what bios type it is.. award.. ami or phoenix.

4. papahan

papahan MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2013
    the only thing i know is that it's an insyde bios..

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  6. papahan

papahan MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2013
    thanks for your help !
    2 short questions befor I do it:
    1. which file should I put on USB? the whole folder or only the renamed file?
    2. the name of the file in the downloded folder is ***.FD .. you said ***.fd .. is it the same? must it be in uppercase letters or in lowercase?

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #7 LatinMcG, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    just the file in root of usb ( might need flas**t.exe also)

.. either.. ive used small fd and i think captials work.

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Acer Computers/Aspire-7250/Manual/257813?page=159

same as acer aspire 7250 .. if it dont work. then u have to create crisis disk aka crisdisk or wincris
    it has to be made from windows x86 not x64 and likely from xp not vista or 7.
    but wincris might work in 7 x86 ..havent tested .. i always use xp or hirensbootcd.org
    (cris disk has a special bootsector that intercepts bios post)

8. papahan

papahan MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2013
    I thank you so much... It has worked.. I didn't go to work since 2 day only to fix this problem..

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    did u have to make crisdisk.. or just files only?