Black screen every ten minutes after upgrading to Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Arthurking02, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Arthurking02

Arthurking02 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2018
    Well, is gonna be long in order for you to have all the possible info, so thanks in advance for reading, and excuse my terrible english, not a native speaker.

I bought a computer by parts 4 years ago, almost all new except my processor and solid disk, which I preserved, because I wasn't swimming in money. At first sight everything went well, just 1 thing turn on the alarm, when I tried to switch on the computer I had to physically press the botton twice so the computer could fully turn on, when you pressed it just once the computer turned off automatically, you had to press it a second time and then everthing was good, but just as it came it disappeared, it fixed itself.
    The next issue I came across was trying to install Windows 10 when it came out, I think i tried almost everthing in the world that was in my hand to install it; all de tests form Microsoft said everything was good for the installatin, but in the moment of truth at 24% I think, the installation stopped and failed. I asked in every forum I was able to, but nothing resulted, so I gave up and moved on.

The current problem.

I was out of city, and my mother needed the computer for her work, but apparently ‘It didn’t turn on’, so she called a technician to try to solve the issue, and what he did was fully format the pc and install Windows 7 home basic of 32 bits for some reason. When I returned and my mom told me about I decided to try to install Windows 10 again because why not, I’d lost everything I had in the computer and the only thing that I had left to try was a clean installation. To my surprise, it worked, at least at the beggining because when it fully installed and I was finally in Windows 10, the screen went black, not fully black, just as the color when the computer is initiating, and didn’t respond to any command, so I had to restart it manually.
    So this is the issue, every ten minutes it happens, I tried to erase Windows, buy a physicall copy, install from an USB, nothing seem to work out. The only thing that I can think off is a compatibility problem but I don’t know what should I begin to figure it out, so any help will be appreciated.
    I forgot but after the format when is booting a black screen appears saying: 'cpu not supported press F1', but that is new, I had never seen it before.

I adjunct you a list of my pc components:
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 3,40GHz
    RAM: 8,00 GB Dual channel DDR3 665MHz
    Motherboard: H61M-K (LGA1155) ASUSTeK computer inc.
    Storage: 1863Gb Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (SATA)
    Graphics: AMD 390 8 Gb GDDR5
    Windows: Windows 10 pro
    One more thing, in safe mode it seems like I don't get the black screen.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    All drivers uptodate?

Did you verify if that "tech guy" didn't swap the hardware, it wasn't the best tech guy it seems :D

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    with safe mode the OS is booted with a minimum of drivers, so the graphics card, be it internal to the cpu or add-in card, will not be loaded, no sound, or lan/wifi (unless safe mode with networking selected).

CPU not supported is probably to do with the BIOS, is it the latest one? As the i7 2600 should be supported by Win 10 as even a older Core 2 Duo is.

It does sound like some drivers are either missing or using Generic ones which are not optimized to your chipset etc.

Black screen after x minutes sounds like a AMD graphics driver glitch, so make sure you have the one for that type of card maybe the one from the manufacturer as i remember having similar problems with the one that W10 downloaded via Windows Update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Physically remove your AMD GPU (if it's still there :p).
    After you replace your current PSU with some Seasonic or Corsair 80+ certified 550W+, then you can plug your AMD GPU back in (and this time, seat it firmly and connect all the external cables in the designated sockets on the card).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Make sure all amd related services are not disabled.

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    sounds like video driver issue or another incompatible driver thats giving u that issue.

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  8. Arthurking02

Arthurking02 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2018
    Well the card is still there, thank godness xD

9. Arthurking02

Arthurking02 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2018

10. Arthurking02

Arthurking02 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2018
    I tried to install the lastest drivers from the BIOS but it seems like I already had the newest, and I also ran the AMD auto tool and all of that and nothing changed.

11. Arthurking02

Arthurking02 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2018
    I already have a corsair 80+ :((((((

12. hakah

hakah MDL Member

Apr 4, 2014
    What actually is the problem? Have you solve it now?

13. keira Jones

keira Jones MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2018
    Well check for the driver issues it might happen due to the incompatible driver issue many are found complaining about the black screen issue in Windows 10.

Apart from that disable the fast startup, this is a working solution that helped many users.

Follow the steps to do so:

· First go to Control Panel, and select Power options, click on “Choose what the power button does” (located in the left pane).

· Now click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.

· And unmark the checkbox “Turn on fast startup”.

To Know More visit: fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/how-to-fix-windows-10-black-screen-issues

14. Arthurking02

Arthurking02 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2018
    The problem is that I get a black screen, after 10 minutes using the computer and after that, the only solution is reboot it. I haven't solve it yet, I thought I did, because this morning everything was allright for at least 5 hours, and then, again black screen.
    IPd: the computer is still on when the black screen happens.

15. Arthurking02

Arthurking02 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2018
    I tried the fast startup thing and still got the black screen :( And I think I have every driver updated.

16. Arthurking02

Arthurking02 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2018
    I don't know why but the more I reboot it the less time I have before the blackscreen, now I can't even reach log.
    Edit: well seems like it happens in log screen when I press enter now, wtf is going on

17. Arthurking02

Arthurking02 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2018
    I have discovered something, I ran safe mode and it seems like AMD auto tool was erased I don't know why, could be a windows 10 update system thing?
    And when I tried to install the AMD drivers with the tool, blackscreen again, I'm going nuts

18. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012