Black screen flash at bootup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sellerman122, Aug 28, 2009.

1. sellerman122

sellerman122 MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    hi, im running windows 7 ultimate x64, ivr done 2 different installs on the same machine and every time i boot windows up it displays the desktop and right away about 3 seconds after i see the desktop my screen flashes black then goes back to my desktop and everything is normal, the system is running fine and that is the only small problem i notice, my video card driver is up to date and i am using the geforce 7800GT, does anyone else get htis black screen flash at their startup as well? is this something i should worry about?

let me know

thanks

2. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Doubt it's anything to worry about... It's probably one of two things:
    1). Most likely just your GeForce drivers -OR- the GeForce config software (the nVidia version of Catalyst Control Panel) initializing.

2). It's possible, though mostly unlikely, that the black flickering is your driver crashing and starting back up in software rendering mode. You can check by dragging a window around and if it's not smooth, you have a problem.
    But since Windows 7 is in RTM and drivers have been out for a while now, I doubt it's crashing, especially without giving a warning/notice.

3. sellerman122

sellerman122 MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    hmmm, i can move my windows just fine, they move very smooth, i was just in the nvidia control panel and messed with some settings, and im gonna see if that changed anything

4. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    it does it with mine when i have a loader installed,but doesn't without loader.