Black screen

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by huschi, Sep 9, 2014.

1. huschi

huschi MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2011
    since few week a new problem arrived:

During anything the screen becomes black and after a while the PC reboots. The Problem is that there is no minidmp file nor a hint in the event viewer. I really have no start to search for anything. I also cannot say if an update is a culprit. I renewed all neccessary drivers to the newest one. Sometimes it happens during nothing, sometimes after a while, sometimes immediately afterlogging in. I have no Idea.

Its an EVGA classified SR-2 board with 32GB Kingston 1033. In the moment it runs with a Nvidea 5690. Windows 8.1 pro.

If I would know wich module, dll, service or something else is involved I could go further with thr process explorer for instance and bordering this sh....

But where should I start? I also setup a new windows installation: boom.... same dung.

BTW: a hardware defect will be dropped from the group cause I've a dualboot system with Ubuntu as the main OS. There's nothing from this dilema.

Any suggestions and thanks in advance.

Olly

2. mimart7

mimart7 MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Take a look in your Event Viewer, Check Critical, Error, and Warning.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    dual boot means two partitions on one HD or two separate discs?