Black Vipers Windows 10 Service Configurations (VERY USEFUL INFORMATION)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AcuraTML, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

2. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    I can't confirm that. never heard.

3. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#3 AcuraTML, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
    (OP)

Major Player in Europe and in the US and trusted,

All his tweaks are step by step and right to the point, in this most critical area in all of Windows Operating Systems, looks pretty good to me.

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

same here .... never heard about :cool:

5. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#5 AcuraTML, Aug 22, 2015
    (OP)
    Check him out Paul, Google and read up, Viper has been very helpful from XP right up to Ten, Like I said read up and then you can deside on your own

This guy is deadly and knows his stuff inside out regarding all Windows Operating Systems

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    please don't misunderstand me, I do not doubt about his knowledge and his skills but as said, never heard about and I'm fine with all sources I collected in the past 30 years

7. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#7 AcuraTML, Aug 22, 2015
    (OP)

I hear you, and that's fine, someone else will find all his work very useful I am sure, I am just helping along in making sure people are safe, with the true and correct advice regarding privacy and safety, when connecting to the Internet with Windows 10...

Just another person out there, trying to lock down Windows 10, without permanent affects that can be all changed in a heart beat back to their factory settings in less then 5 mins

8. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Running what Viper advised and No Problems at all, just lots of boosts in area's that I never seen before, example performance ( I am wowed and I like it )

9. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    I can vouch for his integrity. I have used his Services tweaking guides since the days when XP was a new OS. When a new version of Windows gets released, he makes a new guide for what services he recommends to either turn on, or turn off.

That being said, please keep in mind that the recommendations are based upon his experiences and his preferences.. One should still use caution and discretion before applying his views, to make sure that they will fit into what you need from your particular setup. I have never known him to advise anything that would do major damage to an OS, be it XP, 2000, 8, or 8.1. I have not yet had a chance to dig into his latest guide for Windows 10, but I will do it in the near future.

Now, all I need is for someone to vouch for my integrity..... :spoton:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. dwarfy81

dwarfy81 MDL Novice

May 3, 2015
    I read him since about 2001 I think.

I confirm it's a well know guy for windows advice. I don't know him personnally however.

(sorry for my poor English)

11. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

One of the most honest and smartest people I have ever came around to know, and a personal friend for sometime now, this guy knows his stuff and real well...

Thanks, ChaserLee for your confirmation

ATML

12. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Like always read before you tweak and make sure you keep or save his list to go back to in the future for any reason...

13. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    seems a long read and kind of risky in my case since I don't know much about windows' services and what they do
    anyway, nice has lots of information about them:bookread:

14. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    Hmmm...He's not related to Black Mamba, is he? Then there's also Black Kingsnake...and, oh, yes, how could I forget Black Garter Snake?

(j/k! I hadn't heard of him, either, but found your characterization amusing...;))

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    #15 TCM, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Uhh, someone sent his personal advertising club? :>

Never heard of this guy and I don't think you know how trust works. It _doesn't_ work by someone repeating over and over what a cool guy he is and how he is soo trusted. If anything, this makes it fishy.

Edit: Actually, what's more likely is that you _are_ the guy and doing shameless self-promotion. Even if I knew someone like that, I wouldn't go around and praise them above and beyond normal levels.

This stinks.

16. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Just another way, and option and I made each and every adjustment and I LOVE IT!!!

" its just another angle regarding Window Ten and how to get it to work for you, without all the tracking and whispering that's taking place from your device to un know servers out there just marked as another M$ server... you will never ever know what those server's are all about connecting each and everyday to your device...

This is just another Alternative....and a very good one as far as I am concerned...

17. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Its called use judgment and use some research and then jump if it all sounds cool,

But I agree with you, 100% regarding the fishy remark, I would be too in general...

18. seapoint

seapoint MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2008
    Leo Laporte, PC Mag et al have been raving about blackViper for the last 13 years.
    Fact!

blackviper.com/about/bv-in-the-media/

:biggrin:

19. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
  20. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    My first experiences with any form of hacking was with Black Viper's site and Windows XP. I believe many years ago his site became so popular that he sold it to Microsoft. I felt betrayed. I didn't realize the founder was still active, and if it is really him, great! I'd follow him to the steps at Redmond. (After a thorough backup, of course).