BlackBerry Classic Q20

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by coleoptere2007, Jan 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Hi,

I'm looking for a software that could back up and restore a BlackBerry Classic Q20 I bought recently. In fact I want to reset it to factory mode and restore the most recent backup. The company had developped 2 softs BlackBerry Link and BlackBerry Blend but they're not working on Windows 10 and not stable on olders systems (don't know why but it seems both applications are too old), USB connection stops randomly and backup can not be achieved. I found different infos on some forums and many people seem to have the same problem as me.

Thanks in advance for any help. Have a nice day.
    Coleo.

2. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    uhhhh.. go to the library and buy a UNIX manual. probably the most stress free warm or cool place to even approach that subject. try ISBN 0-8053-7565-1. that's 1995 3rd edition. maybe there's a better one. but it is still going to be all the same. that way you'll be able to figure out what to download without looking at advertisements. if it smells like a video game manual there might even be helpful notes in it. sometimes people write the model of their phone in them and just leave them at libraries. good luck! (you won't need it)

edit: (try getting it to work with Apple Safari or some Alphabet thing like Firefox it will be confusing for a little while just remember to eat food)

3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    @Michaela Joy thx for the infos, that doesn't sound good as the claim is dated 2017 in the link you posted. Since BlackBerry team didn't do anything.