Block automatic forced driver installation in windows 10 build 10586 (solved)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by agodng, Nov 14, 2015.

1. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    #1 agodng, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Hi guy, i installed windows 10 Pro ISO build 10586 1511 offline, I customized settings and blocked all spy with shutup10
    then I installed all the drivers missing what controllers, video audio, printer, etc., in the device manager all the drivers were installed and worked very well
    but as soon as I connected the network cable some drivers have been overwritten by other oldest versions by Microsoft, I do not understand I turned off in the settings automatically downloading apps and devices, also in shutup10 I blocked everything but the windows update service is on, I also used to hide wushowhide downloads
    but after 5 minutes the drivers were updated :mad: but I say it is possible that Microsoft has to force drivers

as: I installed my Epson printer drivers 3.93.00 microsoft me forced the 3.90.00 and the scanner does not work for me

I stand before there is a way to block all drivers by microsoft or in windows update, I think to format all my pc and get back to windows 7, because apps are just useless, and the operating system seven is more manageable

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nhymxu

nhymxu MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2012
    Windows + X => Control Panel => Devices and Printers => Right click to PC/Laptop icon => Device Installation Settings => Choose "No".

This option ignore driver update for this PC/Laptop

3. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    #3 agodng, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    (OP)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nhymxu

nhymxu MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2012
    This is my Laptop, this method work for me since I install Windows 10 Untitled.jpg

And you can config Windows update to notify before download and install via registry or Group Policy

5. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    I also config Windows update to notify before download but driver download in same way

6. nhymxu

nhymxu MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2012
    try restart computer before connect?

After I config, Windows not auto install Intel HD graphic driver ( if auto install, I got black screen )

7. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    I restart many time with network cable disconnect
    now I try this reg key from Atari800XL user

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching]
    "SearchOrderConfig"=dword:00000000

I hope to solve

8. LightDestory

LightDestory MDL Junior Member

Apr 7, 2015
  9. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
  10. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015