Blue Progress Bars build 10240

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by gearman, Jul 26, 2015.

1. gearman

gearman MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    So I followed the guide for Windows 8 Blue Progress Bars and it worked on Windows 10. Mostly.
    The drive icons are blue, the copy, move, etc. boxes have the blue bar.
    The progress indicator in the taskbar, however, is still green.
    Just wondering has anyone else tried this yet, and what was the result.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    did u mess around with the colors....or are they default?

3. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Mine is still green.

4. gearman

gearman MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    I used the AeroByDesignBlue by deviant art that has the blue progress bars incorporated into it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    that mite be the problem. remove it re-boot and see if the color goes back to green.

6. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    the OP is trying to make it all blue, the second picture shows there is still some green in the taskbar progress icon that the OP would like to be blue as well, but is still green.

7. gearman

gearman MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    It does go back to green.I like the blue, and in win8 every indicator changed. Apparently things are a little different under the hood of 10.
    Oh well, it mostly works so I'll stick with it. I'm sure in time , more options will become available for theming Windows 10.

8. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    if i recall we had to modify color codes .... used reshack to do it, or any ressources editors, had to be careful doing it ... i love the blue hate the green :) have done it to my win7 and win8 ...

9. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    I'm more curious at seeing a few ppl have posted screens of Win 10 Build 10240 with those hideously thick Window borders. :g:

What causes that - it's horrible.

10. Boeckler

Boeckler MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2016
    Hey folks,
    @gearman did you figured out somehow? As far as I've read on AeroByDesign For Windows 8.1 Update 1 page, "This theme isn't meant to be used on Windows 10 which is why people are getting problems with it,"
    @coromonadalix can you please point us to a tutorial source or in a few words where should I modify these values using reshack?
    Anyway, it will be great to find out if there is an alternative for Anniversary in order to have the progressbars in blue.

Thanks,