blue screen HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by triplling755, Jun 10, 2011.

1. triplling755

triplling755 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2011
    my computer displays a blue screen after booting and then it restarts by itself automatically. After restart that's when it runs properly. I have installed windows 7 ultimate. what could be the problem. please post a solution

2. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    awesome... how about you provie USEFUL information? What exactly did the BSOD show?

use EventViewer or nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html if you had Minidump enabled

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    You can also change "Kernel memory dump" to "Small memory dump (256KB)" then use nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html to see the BlueScreen :), then you can keep having the Automatic restart setting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. triplling755

triplling755 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2011
    Acer Veriton m275 series, E5400

5. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #6 Shenj, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
    This information is useless, really!! Please think about it... a BSOD doesnt happen because you got CPU x and mobo x, its because of Drivers or damaged hardware, you need to show the BSOD data
    If you want help you need to provide REAL information, not your PC model number

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yea I agree with Shenj, I have had more blue screens then I can count over the years and you know how to research them? When you see the blue screen you will see a hexa-decimal of something like "0x00000000007B" all you need is that "7B" or whatever the last 2 digits are in the stop code, then google "Stop Code XX" "XX" being the 2 digits in your error. You can also try using BlueScreenView but I like the good old fashioned google method lol.

7. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    i started getting bsod lately, turned out to caused by avast anti virus,downloaded the beta and it fixed it,just a thought.

8. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    My most recent problamatic bsod was caused by a faulty psu. Prior to changing the psu i replaced memory, video card, HDD and CPU. BSODS were oftern random with different errors at different times. Sometimes the PC would run for hours without any bsods but then would start to get sluggish. Was so happy when the replacement PSU cured everything.