Blue Screen unex. shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Capum130, May 22, 2012.

1. Capum130

Capum130 MDL Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Hello, my computer had this fault when downloading a link from netload·in in lock mode. reloged in.
    it was very tilting when i got to shutdown button. in fact, it didn't shut, it restarted.
    in begining of process the bs displays.
    at the end, werfault creates 2 files, xml and dmp.
    the xml has been deleted by the system. i haven't even touch it. it's gone. the dmp is all right.
    Question: Look for help how to identify the problem.
    appreciate your help

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #2 PhaseDoubt, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
    WerFault is a Microsoft Windows program that reports problems in the Windows operating system to Microsoft. It's a normal part of Windows. I always disable error report for a variety of reasons.

What exactly is the problem you're having? WerFault is a feature you can disable and failed downloads are common and likely have nothing to do with Windows. Are you getting a BSOD like your post title says and if so what does it say? Is there a faulting file identified on the BSOD?

3. Capum130

Capum130 MDL Member

Jan 25, 2011
    ok understood.
    so, actually werfault popup had this 2 files address to .dmp and .xml file. I couldn't read the bs all right, it was 1 second fast and related bs was one time only. that way will not be a concern ?

4. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    Anything (error) in event viewer?

5. Capum130

Capum130 MDL Member

Jan 25, 2011
    yes, there are some errors, a kernel-power critical among them in the date when it happen 052212.
    respect

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #6 PhaseDoubt, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    If you're worried about reporting data to Microsoft or if the service is eating up resources, disable it. If all you're worried about are the two files it creates you can stop worrying, you've got no problem, that's what it does. It has to have something to send.

What did your BSOD screen say? What was the error code? Did it show a faulting file and if so what was it? It does no good to simply reply that an error occurred, help can only be rendered if people know what's going on.

If this has only happened once, it may never happen again. But when a BSOD occurs, the computer stops all processing, the blue screen is displayed on the screen, and you have to force a shutdown or reboot. If what you saw flashed for only a split second, you didn't have a BSOD. That or you've got a whole different thing going on with blue screens.

7. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Just do this (I hope the description is accurate, my windows is not in English):

Start Menu --> Control Panel --> System & Security --> Action Center
    Select Maintenance --> click on "Change Problem Solution Settings"
    In "Computer Maintenance" click on "Disable "

Now you're done! No more popups. BTW forget about those files there is nothing wrong. :p
    You could have an random error for some sort and the System is reporting it, don't be scared. :biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...