Bluetooth and Blu-ray Drive issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by adrian2055, Jun 5, 2017.

1. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Hello everyone,

I'm having issues with a few of my external devices. Neither set of my Bluetooth headphones work unless I use windows 10 which is a MAJOR bummer. I need to be able to use these devices with older operating systems. I have an older windows 7 desktop and windows 10 is crashing like crazy on this laptop (ASUS ROG G752VL-BHI7N32) so I will downgrade the OS to Windows 7 Pro.

Headphones:
    LG HBS810
    Cosmos BT HP

My Pioneer BDR-XD05 external drive is not recognized in Windows. It seems to only happen on my laptop. I need this drive to be recognized in Windows 7 so I can play/burn discs. The drive letter is not there to eve access it, but when I plug it into my desktop it works fine.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Asus does not appear to provide Windows 7 drivers for this laptop, so it would be best to get your windows 10 operating properly before your attempt to fix the bluetooth/usb issues. Most desktop pc's normally do not support bluetooth unless it has a pci/e bluetooth card installed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    ???? USB BT will work if there are drivers for it. Nothing to do with PCI-e

4. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Sorry. Just getting back to this thread. I fixed the Blu-ray drive issue with an external power source. It needed a 5-volt plug for more power. As for the headphones no luck. I tried the LTSB version of win 10 , but it's crashing so much it's unreal. I'm gonna wipe out the drive and do a fresh install......again. If that doesn't work them I will just forgo the use of the blue tooth headphones and downgrade.