Bluetooth device do not get recognised

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dudedroid, Aug 16, 2012.

1. dudedroid

dudedroid MDL Junior Member

Apr 28, 2011
    I am using Inspiron 1545 which has Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module which is of broadcom.
    When i try to install driver compatibility issue comes up. It doesnt proceed even though i have marked compatibility as windows 7 or vista too.
    I have tried using the broadcom tool to detect the device and install the driver but that also fails to detect the module.
    And when i use my second OS windows 7 bluetooth works flawlessly. So its only windows 8 not able to detect my hardware. I have also checked in device manager and there also it is not present.

Please help

2. dudedroid

Apr 28, 2011
    anyone? The windows do not even search it.

3. Asxetos

Asxetos MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2008
    #3 Asxetos, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    Having the same problem (only on a Precision M6500) i finally found that the adapter is indeed detected, but only as a HID (Human interface device aka bluetooth mouse or keyboard).
    You can see it in Device Manager under "Human interface devices" as 2 different "USB Human interface device"
    Seems like the windows 7 driver switches the adapter to HCI mode after boot and is then detected as normal bluetooth, where as windows8 driver leaves it on HID mode (at POST time it has to be on HID mode to support bluetooth mice and keyboards).

I guess its a driver problem...

4. dudedroid

Apr 28, 2011
    Not able to use windows 7 drivers too.

5. dudedroid

Apr 28, 2011
    #6 dudedroid, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    (OP)
    2 cab files in there.
    1 for AMD and other for x86
    I am using x64. When i tried to update driver of HID USB HID nothing happened :(

The exe that i have from dell of windows 7 doesnt work under compatibility too. Can anything be done about it?

6. McRip

McRip MDL Addicted

Aug 15, 2011
    The AMD cab is for x64, bro.

7. dudedroid

Apr 28, 2011
    Lol i used both of them. None works.

8. ezhik

ezhik MDL Junior Member

Oct 23, 2007
    One thing to try is go to Devices and Printers in the Control Panel, right click on your Laptop under Devices and select Troubleshoot. I did this for a Card reader that Device Manager couldn't find a driver for, and it found a solution by locating a driver itself and asking if wanted to download it. Its a clever troubleshooter.

9. dudedroid

Apr 28, 2011
    Didnt work. Could not find any problem.

10. Asxetos

Asxetos MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2008
    The ONLY way this is going to work is if some changes are made in Windows 8 core bluetooth driver, or a patch from Dell (or Broadcom) is released.

For windows 8 this is NOT an unknown device, so why ask for a driver or find any problem...

11. hashid

hashid MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2012
    Solution for your problem

HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

1. Download the Bluetooth Drivers (Dell Wireless 365) from Dell Website (dell.com/support/drivers/) for Windows 7
    2. Install (Extract) the .exe file you have downloaded. In my case it is R228749.exe
    3. Now you get an error message saying "This program is not compatible with this version of Windows.
    4. Don't mind that, instead go to C:/Dell/Drivers. Open the folder where you extracted the files, in my case 83V6K
    5. Now open Win32 or Win64 folder depending on the architecture of your processor. If you're not sure, try the next steps with Win64 first, if you get error try Win32.
    6. Now, in that folder, there is an exe file called Inst. Double click on that and INSTALL.
    7. You now have Windows 8 with working Bluetooth Module on your Dell Inspiron or Vostro or Studio or whatever Laptop ;-)

Hope this helped :) More trouble I or someone else will be happy to help you with :p
    Hashid Hameed