Bluetooth Mouse Setup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by vjm530, Jan 26, 2009.

1. vjm530

vjm530 MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2008
    #1 vjm530, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
    So far Win7 'for me' has been working flawlessly for more than 2 weeks w/o any of the reported problems and crashes being posted. My only problem is getting my Bluetooth Mouse to work. I have tried several methods but nothing is working. I uninstalled and reinstalled and can't get the Bluetooth manager to 'discover' the mouse. Sometimes when I check the Device Manager it shows a HID compliant mouse and other times it doesn't. If I display the Device Manage and turn the mouse off and then on the 'HID Complaint Mouse' appears and then after a minute or so disappears. If anyone had this problem and has a solution please pass it on. Thanks.:(

2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    My bluetooth devices are working fine. What is the make and model of them and what is the receiver make/model?

3. isosunrise

isosunrise MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2009
    i can bluetooth to my mices (microsoft and vaio branded) and my cell phone just fine. i did not use the default ms drivers though; i installed the vista bluetooth drivers for my laptop from the manufacturer. have you tried that?

4. vjm530

vjm530 MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2008
    It's a Dell mouse M/N M-RBB-DEL4 for a Dell Laptop D600. I have XP and Win7 installed on separate drives. Works fine w/XP but nothing on Win7.:confused:

5. vjm530

vjm530 MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2008
    Can you tell me the link for the drivers? I can't find it anywhere on Dell. All I get is the specifications.:(

6. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    If the mouse is detected as HID device then it is not in bluetooth mode. It is in normal wireless mode. My guess is that the software switches the device from HID to HCI mode.

7. vjm530

vjm530 MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2008
    For the first 5-10 seconds when the mouse is turned on it recognizes it as a 'HID compliant mouse' and then disappears from the Hardware device. Is there a way to correct this or what am I doing wrong? It automatically detects and works fine in XP.:confused:

8. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I can't find any documentation that says this pair even works in Vista let alone Windows 7. Since this is probably a logitech mouse rebranded as a Dell one try this:

On the mouse hold the connect button for about 5-10 seconds, then release and on the computer go to the bluetooth icon and choose Add a Device and then it will search for it. If the device is in pairing mode it should show up. When you say it just works in XP are you using the default Dell load or is this a custom install you performed?

9. vjm530

vjm530 MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2008
    Thanks for your help. I followed your instructions above and nothing happens. The mouse flashes the (internal) 'blue' light but that's it. The mouse on XP is working on the standard default with no changes or custom settings. When you mention, "if it's in the pairing mode", is there something I need to change? The Bluetooth settings has everything checked: "Allow Bluetooth devises to find this computer", "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer" and "Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect".:confused:

10. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    You need to manually look for the device. Go to Control Panel --> Devices and Printers, then hit the add device button. Then press the connect button on the mouse. You should see your mouse listed in the devices if it is actively looking for the computer.

11. vjm530

vjm530 MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2008
    Thanks again. When I follow your instructions here's what happens:

'Devices and Printers' shows a Dell HID compliant BlueTooth mouse is installed and then after about 15 seconds disappears from 'Devices'. When I click 'add device' the 'Select a device to add to this computer' screen appears and nothing comes up. The mouse shows up as installed for 15 seconds on the 'Devices and Printer' page and then disappears.:confused:

12. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    that is odd, I do not have any idea other than maybe it is the beta. My Logitech MX Revolution and MX5500 keyboard are both working flawlessly using Bluetooth.