Boot Directly To Desktop Without Seeing Any Other Screens ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Davy49, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Davy49

Davy49 MDL Junior Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Hi,
    I've been informed by other people on a different site that as far as they know it's not possible to be able to boot directly to the desktop with windows 10 like you could previously do with some of the older windows operating systems. Currently on my windows 10 computers I have them configured to login automatically, but I still have to view what I call the pre-load screen that shows my current username & the spinning dot's before going on to the desktop. Does anyone know anyway to prevent that screen from showing, as I'm the only user of my computers security isn't really an issue as far as logging in & booting up the computer is concerned.
    Thanks,
    David

2. RobrPatty

RobrPatty MDL Expert

Jul 23, 2009
    I agree can't seem to allow auto logon anymore. PITA.

3. bear_aussie

bear_aussie MDL Senior Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Micro

Micro MDL Member

Apr 26, 2009
    "Require Windows Hello Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts" in "Windows Security/Account Protection/Windows Hello/Manage Sign-In Options" must be set to "Off", then the old way works fine here ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    yes booting to desktop with auto sign on windows 10 pro 64 for a while and i also got the old photo viewer back as the default photo program the new one doesnt have the functions i like, had to do some regestry edits but all is well until MS decides to do another upgrade and tries to tell us what we want .

6. RobrPatty

RobrPatty MDL Expert

Jul 23, 2009
    It worked! thx Micro

7. bear_aussie

bear_aussie MDL Senior Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #10 bear_aussie, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    im certain it wroks on pro
    that's what I run on my game box
    give it a crack if it works it works if it doesn't no harm done :D
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Embedded\EmbeddedLogon]
    "HideAutoLogonUI"=dword:00000001
    edit: ahh I patched ebedded features in2 my pro using sxsextract
    that's y it werks 4 me

8. Davy49

Davy49 MDL Junior Member

Nov 27, 2008
  9. RobrPatty

RobrPatty MDL Expert

Jul 23, 2009
    To auto logon Server 2022 go to gpedit.msc:
    Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Account Policies\Password Policy

Disable At the right pane, Password must meet complexity requirements

Then go to sign-in-options(Hello under search) under settings and change login password to none.

10. Davy49

Davy49 MDL Junior Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Thanks to all of you who replied to my question, and of course not to offend anyone but the easiest method to automatically login is to use the autologin script that's part of the sysinternals program. I'm not even going to think anymore about not being able to boot directly to the desktop without first having to see the windows welcome screen. I'm pretty sure it's just not possible anymore.