Boot Loader?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by keith1000, Mar 2, 2010.

1. keith1000

keith1000 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    hi all
    i partitioned my HDD on the weekend and installed win7 everything went fine. i played with it all weekend thinking everything was fine, the start up screen said vista and win7, but never actually checked the vista. well this morning i got a email from work (blackberry) that needed me to access my outlook on vista so for the first time i went to vista (dual boot) and it wont start up? it just continued through a repair mode but no repair was found. then it asked to do a restore from a previous time but i didnt have time for that now and was also unsure if i should, thats why i'm writing you guys.
    please help.

i had a similar problem to this years ago with a XP/vista dual boot, but after the vista load the XP boot was "gone" and you had to do something (can't remember right now) (vista boot) anyway is it the same proccedure now? it has just thrown me off cause the vista option was there where with the XP it wasn't

thanks a million keith

2. kdo2milger

kdo2milger MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2010
    did you use easybcd?

3. keith1000

keith1000 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    hi there
    i actuall read and read and just downloaded it thanks, but im looking at it now going :eek:
    what do i do now? im not sure how to do it
    help

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Can't you just open the outlook.pst file in Outlook under Windows 7 and access all your info from there ?? Should solve your immediate problem.

Seems easier than playing around with dual boot to solve an immediate problem. If your system boots 7 migrate fully to it - I haven't found an issue about 7 including older drivers that may not seem to work but can be made to work someway or another - mostly by simply choosing compatability mode to install.

You don't say if Vista was legitimate - is your computer a laptop? - is 7 legit ? - do you use a loader ??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. keith1000

keith1000 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    thanks guys for the quick replies.
    i did it:D with the easybcd.
    and for what is worth, it was a laptop, the vista is ligit, and the 7 was from this site with dazloader.
    thanks again
    keith

6. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #7 Rosco, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
    I still think you should do away with Vista - it is sooooo out of date.

And, yeah EasyBCD is great for resolving these issues -

why M$ change everything with new versions is a mystery - OH WAIT - that way they can sell new versions because eventually your existing software can't be used because other people's documents etc don't work on yours anymore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...