Boot Manager Missing

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by swampwitch57, Jul 17, 2013.

1. swampwitch57

swampwitch57 MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2013
    I am reinstalling windows vista on a reformatted hard drive. when I am almost done with the install and computer restarts it says boot manager missing. How do I get bootmanager back on disk?
    :eek:

2. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    #2 NICK@NUMBER11, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    are you sure that you have set the newley formated drive in the bios as boot 1st. if so then you can do this...

Code:
    1. Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 
    2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.
    3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next. 
    4. Click Repair your computer. 
    5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next. 
    6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.
    7. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
    8. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #3 LatinMcG, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    sounds like bad HDD sector.. boot sector.
    check HDD S.M.A.R.T. logs with hirens bootcd

btw why are u using vista when 7 should work fine if vista works.. to activate 7all u need is bios slic mod 2.1 and certificate and generic oem key.
    check out the official windows 7 repository for more info. ( use windows 7 ultimate sp1 media refresh )

4. delllaptop

delllaptop MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    Do you have multiple hard drive?